SFF Network and SFF Forum Emergency Maintenance

Hey all,

I've been notified by our hosting provider that, in an effort to patch servers affected by the Spectre and Meltdown speculative execution vulnerabilities, our server will be rebooted multiple times on January 19, between 21:00 and 23:00 UTC (4:00 PM to 6:00 PM ET).

As a result of this, SFF Network and SFF Forum will be offline the moment these rolling restarts begin. We will be monitoring updates from our provider once this happens, and will work to bring everything back online as soon as is feasible once they have completed patching their infrastructure.

Thanks,

Joshua

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hey all,

I've been notified by our hosting provider that, in an effort to patch servers affected by the Spectre and Meltdown speculative execution vulnerabilities, our server will be rebooted multiple times on January 19, between 9:00 and 11:00 UTC (4:00 PM to 6:00 PM ET).

As a result of this, SFF Network and SFF Forum will be offline the moment these rolling restarts begin. We will be monitoring updates from our provider once this happens, and will work to bring everything back online as soon as is feasible once they have completed patching their infrastructure.

Thanks,

Joshua
:(

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
After some guidance from our host, please note that we will be shifting SFF Forum and SFF Network into maintenance mode at approximately 20:50 UTC. This will prevent users from being able to access either website.

We expect both sites to be back online around January 20, 00:00 UTC at the latest, but will post updates here if we encounter issues or if the timeline changes.

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
After some guidance from our host, please note that we will be shifting SFF Forum and SFF Network into maintenance mode at approximately 8:50 UTC. This will prevent users from being able to access either website.

We expect both sites to be back online around 12:00 UTC, but will post updates here if we encounter issues or if the timeline changes.

Don't you mean 20:50 UTC, or 8:50PM UTC? I thought that site was already back online as the UTC times in the banner look like 9-11 AM.