SFF.Network [SFF Network] Akasa Reveals Their First Mini-STX Chassis

Akasa introduced its first case for the emerging mini-STX form-factor. As we have mentioned in previous news articles, Mini-STX is a development of Intel's 5x5" platform, featuring a socketed processor but otherwise limited expansion. The Akasa Euler ST has cutouts for the specified I/O layout of upcoming mini-STX motherboards, with a lot of room left for storage devices. The ridged aluminium body of the case doubles up as CPU heatsink, and can handle CPUs with a TDP of up to 35W. The platform itself is claimed to support CPUs with a TDP of up to 65W.

See more here.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Have we got any more pictures of this thing? I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that the I/O on mSTX is fixed, that gives the manufacturers a lot less freedom in that regard.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's all I can find at the moment, Akasa doesn't have it up on their website yet

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Have we got any more pictures of this thing? I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that the I/O on mSTX is fixed, that gives the manufacturers a lot less freedom in that regard.

I feel the same way, this might just instantly kill the platform in my opinion. If I'm looking for a fixed layout I just get a NUC. If want a beefier CPU might as well go Thin Mini-ITX.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, it'll make it more difficult for the motherboard manufacturers to differentiate their products from the others.

Reactions: confusis