• Tiny with no GPU and external PSU

• Small with single slot GPU and external PSU

• Large with lots of expandability

Results are only viewable after voting.

George__Sm1th

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 4, 2017
On this site there are many different cases that have been made or reviewed but to find the one you want it can be hard so I would like this thread to be purely about cases for SFF. For example somebody could post the dancase a4 and give some specs about it along with some images (images are necessary). These cases are going to be in three different categories.
  1. SmATX (small mATX chassis) = 15L and below
  2. mITX (mITX chassis with internal PSU) = 10L and below
  3. SmITX (Small mITX chassis with external psu) = 5L and below

*The listed names don't have to be the same motherboard form factor.

You must also state whether it can accommodate a GPU as many people on this forum are small form factor gamers. I hope this thread will be useful to people and I will try and post on here often.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
SBNT if mATX for me, and SFF for ITX, but large enough to have an internal PSU [SFX/Flex/TFX]

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think you should rename SBNT "Big Boned" or "Husky". Seriously though, I think small but not tiny needs to be improved upon as it's kind of awkward.

Reactions: Arboreal

George__Sm1th

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 4, 2017
@George__Sm1th: or we could just update the wiki...
I think that we still could do with this forum as it "should" have images and details of the case. The wiki just lists names and you can't ask questions there. I think the forum could be updated as well but, in my opinion, this thread could be very useful. I should be posting some cases here tomorrow!

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
ok ill change it to small mATX, mITX (with internal PSU) and mITX (with external PSU)

George,my post was expressing my case preferences (like some others I'm not keen on external PSUs), not commenting on your choice of nomenclature :)

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Just when I want to post the same question... Saw the case on my local online shop, dirt cheap for its quality.

I did some initial survey:
  • The PSU “fair length” is not true ATX, since it maxed out at 140mm. There are some ATX PSU at 140mm, but mostly it’s cheaper solution or low wattage. Stick to SFX.
  • The PSU and GPU created a partition for the motherboard area. I see this as a plus point since the main intake is the side fan that blows air directly on the motherboard surface. With the top case and rear case fans as exhaust , the airflow is very good. Too bad the side fan doesn’t have dust filter.
  • About dust filter... forget it, only one dust filter and it’s on the bottom of the case. With full size GPU, the airflow got blocked by it. The sides of the case is ventilated for better or for worse, keep your case from dusty area.
  • Great storage for 2.5” drives. 2 on the side cradle, 1 on the hidden compartment, and the optical slot might be replaced with a 2.5” caddy. The 3.5” drivebay is a welcome bonus.
Wanted to buy the case for my Ryzen build, but I use Asrock AB350 ITX with rear mounted M.2 which I use, which doesn’t fit the rear of the case. If you have no issue with the m.2 mount, by all means... also make sure your room is not dusty.

Cdm040971

Cable Smoosher
Sep 30, 2017
Gee my understand reading the faqs is to find and use existing threads instead of creating new - I looked all over and this seemed the most appropriate.

Apologies for my post guys.

Happy for any admins to remove it.

Thanks to Midiamp for the comments and just to let you know I was going to use Rear mounted M.2 so this case is a nono for me.

This forum is awesome - I guess I need to read the FAQs again.