Discussion Trying to sell SFF PCs

cam609lee

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Apr 27, 2020
Hey guys, so a little bit ago I had an idea, which is not very original by the way haha. I thought, What if I could build PCs and then turn them over for profit online? I realized that there are many start up builders trying to do just that, but I remember small form factor. It seems like everything in SFF is small, including the market. I remembered how hard it was to find all the right components to build high quality small form factor PCs. So yeah, I started building and selling, but no success yet. Any pointers or ideas? Any replies would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rfarmer

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I think you gotta figure out who your customer is first and then make everything streamlined towards that customer. Is it the SFF enthusiast? Gamer? Or the average shopper or business who maybe doesn't even know SFF is a thing.

If I was doing this I'd try to hammer home the SFF selling points to the 3rd customer. You've got to convince the average computer buyer why they should be getting a ryzen mini pc and steer them away from getting the used Dell XPS.

Assume they are totally ignorant about everything. Like you've illustrated how small it is, good start, but how about visually compared to a desktop or laptop. They don't know what a Nuc is.

Even if you did this, I still don't know if you'd be successful or not. Do people really buy new, unbranded PCs on Ebay with no warranty?

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@cam609lee Remember that posting links to eBay or similar is in violation of our Trade rules. Your link has been removed.