SFF.Network SFF Build Challenge Voting - What to do for #2?

The next SFF Build Challenge is a mere two weeks away, and we're in need of the build that us four J's will construct next!

All builds are chosen by the community, and as such, we give the forum a full week to make suggestions and (eventually) vote for their favorite one. There are only three rules to suggesting a build:

1. There has to be a price ceiling (though this can be as high as you'd like)
2. The build has to be possible (no "quad-SLI within 2L for under $75", please)
3. The build can't be identical or really similar to something we've done recently

Whatever build is selected, the four J's will have to independently build, and then defend, during the last Low Volume podcast of the month.

So what shall we build, friends? Our fate is in your hands...

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Alright, the poll is up!

All forum members can participate, and each individual can select their three favorite ideas. The one with the most votes by Saturday will be declared the winner, and the crew will use it in the forthcoming SFF Build Challenge next weekend.

Good luck, participants!

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I think it will be hard to gauge gaming performance without being able to benchmark components, otherwise I think Phuncz and my ideas are very similar.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
i tried to do that but it wont let me there is no option to do so

You should see checkboxes next to all the options, with the ability to pick up to three and then "Submit".

If you've already voted, or you're having issues, put an arbitrary vote in (even if you don't want that), submit, and then click the option to "Change Your Vote". Then you should be able to select what you'd like and re-submit.

danielbatmanj

Average Stuffer
May 16, 2016
You should see checkboxes next to all the options, with the ability to pick up to three and then "Submit".

If you've already voted, or you're having issues, put an arbitrary vote in (even if you don't want that), submit, and then click the option to "Change Your Vote". Then you should be able to select what you'd like and re-submit.
i figured it out im just being stupid ;)

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
i figured it out im just being stupid ;)

No worries! For more complex/sophisticated features on the forum, the likelihood increases that there's a browser bug or some such issue that we're unaware of, so we'd rather people raise issues that turn out to be fine, versus have people stay mum about real problems.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
And we have a winner!

Thanks to everyone who submitted their ideas. The four J's will compete against the winning build idea this upcoming weekend on the next episode of Low Volume.

Reactions: Phuncz