Seeking a wood or wood accented (with white+aluminum) case

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
The recipient of the Taku case I built a while back loves the PC, but the case is taking up way too much room on her desk. We want to keep the same aesthetic: White, aluminum, and wood.

I've seen a lot of concepts for bamboo cases come and go, but with few actually hitting market. The bamboo options on the Lazer3D case are cute, but I wanted something that looks a little less patchwork and more seamlessly blends wood and non-wood components. I don't have a shop or access to a laser cutter. Is there something else out there that would do the job?

Alternately, I can see if @KSliger will let me buy his "rust" option in replacement side panels on the front/sides on my SM570 case and give that to her, then move my own high-end SFF build into an SV590. It's not actually wood, but would fit the decor (and I wouldn't have to store the SM570 on a homemade stand to get more air intake)

Her hardware is older and meant to run COOL because the Taku case is .. well .. a Taku: 7500T with a C7 cooler and a GTX 1060 Founders.

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
I like what @warmack has done, but I'm not seeing any posts where it went into any production. I don't have any facility available to me to do any wood work myself :(

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah he didn't go to production but IIRC he made some for others. NFC had wood front for some models might have been the classic maybe worth looking used ones

warmack

Trash Compacter
Warmack Woodworks
Nov 4, 2018
I’ve got a batch of fronts for the Velka 3 that I’ve almost finished but haven’t posted yet. I’ve been in the middle of switching jobs and life has gotten kind of crazy. I’m hoping to get those finished and start moving on some other small batches soon. If there’s anything I can help with let me know!

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
That would look so cool. I probably won't buy a Velka 3 because of the PSU noise, but I like the idea.

Can't wait to see it!