S4T with single slot gpu?

esgee

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Aug 13, 2019
so…

I’ve been looking at the upcoming S4T and I love the idea…. but I’m also looking at a S4M… but the S4M is overkill as I don’t need a big gaming GPU to lug around…

I currently have a 20x20x55 mm ugly industrial case to lug around as my work pc…. the APU is nice and all but I’m missing some ryzen power… so I’ve been wondering, would it be possible to put a single slot graphics card e.g. quadro p2000 in something that small ? maybe creating a slightly thicker version of the S4T mayby with a flexible riser and an interior frame.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
would you accept an Intel version of this instead ??

if so, i was thinking about a case measuring 26.5 X 18.5 X 4.8 cm, which uses an external AC brick.

Last edited:

esgee

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Aug 13, 2019
why would it be limited to intel?

I’ve been thinking and playing around withdimensions in my head as I don’t have an s4m for measurements… luckily they are on the internet. in order to make this happen you’d probably want to limit headroom for cpu coolers even further than the 45mm in the normal s4m, let’s say to 40mm (so my L9a fits :-) I know… selfish ;-)). Doing this would allow you to shave off 5 mm of the interior space.

The distance between Pcie cards (center of the slots) is 20mm. That would need to be added to the frame. You’d need a few mm additionally for structural rigidity of the backbone, so let’s say 23mm added.

current thickness of the s4m is 64mm - 5+23 = 82mm...

so you’d add approx 1,5cm to the thickness of the s4m but you’d get a tiny sandwich case assuming a width of 200mm and the same lenght as the s4m, 225mm you’d end up with a 3,7L sandwich case….