S4M 2070 Brickless - Halp ?

Cybiere

Case Bender
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
www.tictech.info
Hello all !
My S4M should arrive next monday and I'd like to be sure the build I planned will fit, as this is my first SFF :)
I plan a brickless build with this config :

- Intel Core i5-9500
- Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
- Noctua NH-L9i
- Corsair Vengeance LPX Series Low Profile 32 Gb (2x 16 Gb) DDR4 3000 MHz CL16
- INNO3D GeForce RTX 2070 TWIN X2
- HDPlex 400W combo (AC-DC & DC-DC)
- 1Tb SSD NVMe

I've lurked quite some time in this forum and on Josh's youtube since I fell in love with this case, and I think I've seen the INNO3D should fit brickless, but I'm not sure I understood well soooo if anyone has tried that... :)

Help appreciated, thanks all and thanks Josh for this wonderful case !

HBYR

Chassis Packer
Feb 23, 2019
You might have to do a bit of modding just to make it look good. Nothing much tho.

Kack

Trash Compacter
Aug 28, 2017
It depends. I think if you get an ultra low profile GPU connector you might be okay. My Zotac 1660Ti is supposedly 2mm shorter in height than the card you referenced and you can see the tolerance in my build log pictures. I could see with aforementioned cabling gently sliding the brick in while pulling slightly on the GPU. No go with a regular connector without modding something. If the 8 pin off the GPU is recessed in comparison to the overall manufacture height, your fine most likely with ultra low profile cabling but if it's not it will take some thinking.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
Depends on the width of your GPU. The Inno3D 2070 has 113mm. My 1070 TI has 111mm and I have maybe 4mm space left. It might work if you push a bit ;)

The adapter will block the space on the backside of the GPU. So you cannot install any drive or fan at that spot. If you open the PSU and use a cable you don't lose the space.