News RX 570 Mini

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
Did @Josh | NFC have anything to do with that?

Haha no idea, but he seems to have some connections with sapphire. Good catch!

It's basically an OCed 470? Wonder how it'll stack up against the plethora of 1060 itx options. Drivers should probably be far better at launch than they were with the 400 series (since they are essentially the same). From my tech noob research seems radeons are far better DX12 and worse in DX11.

Reactions: Soul_Est and zovc

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017

Awesome! where did you find that? I couldn't turn anything other than mentions it existed lol. and the pieces I found had it listed with the same dimensions as all the non itx sized cards.

Looks a lot like the EVGA 1060s, pretty nice design for a small card IMO.

Edit: I'm pretty slow, it says videocardz.com ON THE PICTURE haha.... annnnd I just had to click the name to get to it.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
That shroud makes it look like it might be difficult to fit in a S4 Mini :(

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
But how much power does it use?

As a guideline, the RX 470 uses 140-150W with momentary spikes up into the 160W range (source). Considering node shrinks normally improve efficiency (16nm to 14nm) but there is a 100 MHz boost in clock speeds rumoured, I would expect much the same consumption on the 570 as the 470.

Reactions: TheHig and Ceros_X

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Yeah I was figuring something similar - kinda high usage for a brick build. We'll just have to wait and see!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The price is decent at 169.99 + 4.99 shipping on NewEgg here in the states.

Who is going to pick one up for science ! Anyone with a modded brick set up from g unique ?!

According to gpu z. If I undervolt my nitro 480 slightly and set a 60 fps target in Wattman I can stay under 120w max power on the gpu. Mountain of salt obv since i have real tools to measure this but kind of encouraging.

edit: However gimping a gpu leaving possible perf on the table isn't great really.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
I'm tempted... I was going to go 6gb 1060, but I'm thinking I might just grab the cheapest option that does solid 1080p gaming and then in a couple years pick up an itx sized card with HBM2 as a more long term option. I think both vega and volta will have hbm2 if I'm not mistaken. I'm still a ways off from putting something together though as I ordered my power brick from tabao and it'll take awhile to get here.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Vega should be out this quarter, if you can wait a month or two, you can see what that brings. From what I've heard, AMD will not be doing an AIO cooler this time around, so it will be interesting to see what sort of air-cooling they'll offer. It might take a little bit longer for the Nano to arrive, assuming they're making one again.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Now that you can buy this card, I think I am allowed to share the actual photos of it. Please note I did not take these--they are from Sapphire's product photographer, so I don't know about sharing permissions.

Reactions: wesbl and bledha

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
I'm tempted... I was going to go 6gb 1060, but I'm thinking I might just grab the cheapest option that does solid 1080p gaming and then in a couple years pick up an itx sized card with HBM2 as a more long term option. I think both vega and volta will have hbm2 if I'm not mistaken. I'm still a ways off from putting something together though as I ordered my power brick from tabao and it'll take awhile to get here.

Last rumor I heard volta will have the ggdr5x again. Hmb won't come till after volta for Nvidia. But rumor has it that they shifted the release date up just like intel did due to amd competition which is why they aren't doing hmb.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Pretty sure it'll be GDDR6 which will move a lot faster than GDDR5/5X. Was developed by SK-Hynix and Redgamingtech just ran a piece on it.

Reactions: DocH

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Jan 23, 2017
Are the dimension listed by Sapphire accurate? The reason I ask is because the width looks about the same as the Gigabyte 1070 mini, but the 570 is apparently 19mm smaller.

Last edited:

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Are the dimension listed by Sapphire accurate? The reason I ask is because the width looks about the same as the Gigabyte 1070 mini, but the 570 is apparently 19mm smaller.

And the PEG power connector is not recessed, either.