Image Credit – Nvidia

I’m not going to waste time with a long and fluffy opening. Nvidia has launched the RTX 4060Ti and it has not gone well. By now, most people know the RTX 4060Ti has been a let down in terms of performance for the price. Let’s start off by looking at why.
Why are Gamers Upset?
“The Dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness…shadow and flame” – Lord of the Rings.
The raw performance has been disappointing. The bus bandwidth and memory size has been disheartening. The price to performance has been a sticker shock. Why? Very simply it doesn’t offer as much as older cards used to. Let’s look at the old launches for reference.
At $379, the 8GB GTX 1070 could match the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I think between their Computex keynote and this turd of a product cycle from Nvidia...Nvidia has clearly stated they don't care. They know their money is in the data center in data-mining/analytics and AI and if their products don't sell in consumer graphics--they'll profit off the AI bubble for as long as they can.

Perhaps I shouldn't use the word bubble, yet. But that is my guess of what this is. Every Wall Street Fortune company CEO has been jizzing themselves about "predictive-analytics" and then "machine-learning" (we can talk as to whether or not these are the same thing fundamentally) for years. SO much so that loads of those companies hired 'data scientist' roles for years--when the HR and C-Suite clearly had no idea what a data-scientist did. We know this, because people who got hired for them came out and said so.

And now, the new hotness to raise your share price with is AI. Last month I was watching Tableau Conference by remote (long story)...and their entire keynote was about GPT driven interface with Tableau....which no one used their ML/AI client built into Tableau before, called 'Einstein Discovery'--because it was another SaaS subscription. And C-Suite barely knows how to use Outlook, and expecting them to even know what questions to ask an AI is laughable, and they knew that they shouldn't trust an AI programmed by a SaaS company for BI strategy input.

Which brings us back to Nvidia and them seeing a goldmine in the datacenter with their silicon....and not caring about gaming. Which would be really ironic, and too bad, if they misjudged the market like 3DFX did and went bust as a result...

Reactions: Phuncz and confusis

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
As a Velka 3 user, I really look forward to the 16GB version of the Ti and even the regular 4060 with it's 110w tdp.
This has to be the overall best review I've encountered so far. Very detailed, observant, unbiased and also sees the value these cards can offer - being the current most powerful ITX gpu's with a very favorable tdp.

Hope to see part 2 of the review sometime soon:)

Reactions: confusis