RTX 3060Ti Aero alternative? Meet the DIY PALIT StormX 3060Ti ITX Edition

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Wanted to get one cooler (just in case I decide to make the mod in the future) today, unfortunately the item is currently out of stock on Taobao.

I have checked with the vendor and another that may have it, and they don’t know if there will be any restocks any time soon.

I guess if one is wanting to do a similar mod, you might need to wait for another pallet/box/crate load of Storm X coolers to ‘fall off’ a truck in the future.

• Sad
Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Wanted to get one cooler (just in case I decide to make the mod in the future) today, unfortunately the item is currently out of stock on Taobao.

I have checked with the vendor and another that may have it, and they don’t know if there will be any restocks any time soon.

I guess if one is wanting to do a similar mod, you might need to wait for another pallet/box/crate load of Storm X coolers to ‘fall off’ a truck in the future.

damn! guess I shouldn't have posted this on Reddit... XD

did you check Aliexpress? I can't find the link just now but the cooler was also listed there...

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
damn! guess I shouldn't have posted this on Reddit... XD

did you check Aliexpress? I can't find the link just now but the cooler was also listed there...
Hahah, yeah! Everyone wanted to get the cooler it seems. Why Revoccase, why. Kidding.

Yes, I did check Aliexpress. They still do exist there, only at twice (closer to triple) the price.

Also, Aliexpress’ “stock” is just a guideline. They might send you a similar item that looks very much the same (like the Palit 2060 StormX cooler) instead, as I think they get their stuff from Taobao in the end (in my experience).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
just as side note, but I noticed GPU prices are currently dropping over here and stock situation is also normalizing - I even found some tempting offers for the 3060Ti Aero which were not there two or three weeks ago

not sure if the offer I found is legit but this would have been cheaper than my DIY 3060Ti ITX XD

Bild_2021-10-25_155042.png

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Great find @REVOCCASES ! Thank you for the investigative work. I also saw some guy reply on the aliexpress link that it works on a RTX A4000. Its a very expensive card but if someone wants to make an itx ultimate workstation with 16gb of videoram. I would be interested to see how one performs :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
How much taller is it over the PCB? Wondering if it could fit in a S4M brickless

The PCB is about 150 ~ 155mm long.

The whole card with the cooler has the same dimensions like the Palit StormX:

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
i had a msi rtx 3060ti aero, was so loud and ran hot, tried putting a noctua on it, temps were worst. but a 3d printed shroud may help it

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
i had a msi rtx 3060ti aero, was so loud and ran hot, tried putting a noctua on it, temps were worst. but a 3d printed shroud may help it

Can't complain about that. With my modded 3060Ti, noise and thermals are reasonable IMHO.

For the MSI Aero a custom fan curve and undervolting seems to help:

Benlehot

Case Bender
New User
Jan 13, 2020
Guyssss thank you so much for this thread. I have one Zotac 3060ti lhr twin edge at home and a K39 that I wanted to upgrade so bad. I'm gonna do the mod. I just ordered the fan for aliexpress.

Reactions: rfarmer

Benlehot

Case Bender
New User
Jan 13, 2020

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
This is awesome. Its very hard to get any 3060ti but especially the minis. So to create one by modding! Nice

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Anyone know if the a4000 has fan stop? I'm wondering if it would be much quieter (with the palit mod) compared to say an itx 3060ti or 3070 (if it existed). Seems like its more power efficient version than these two.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
@REVOCCASES - Folowing in your DIY ITX footsteps. Zotac 3060 ti inbound!
Also, it looks like this PNY heatsink is almost identical to the Palit. Going to give this one a shot!

Do you happen to still have an extra backplate? Would love a custom touch!

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@REVOCCASES - Folowing in your DIY ITX footsteps. Zotac 3060 ti inbound!
Also, it looks like this PNY heatsink is almost identical to the Palit. Going to give this one a shot!

Do you happen to still have an extra backplate? Would love a custom touch!

Awesome!

Yeah, Palit and PNY are all made by the same company - only different brand names and different shroud designs - the cooler itself is the same like mine.

I already send the spare backplate to @Neathdrawls but if you need one just send me a PM

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Awesome!

Yeah, Palit and PNY are all made by the same company - only different brand names and different shroud designs - the cooler itself is the same like mine.

I already send the spare backplate to @Neathdrawls but if you need one just send me a PM
Which is the reminder for me to finally work on the mod. Got to get the 3060ti tested too.

Reactions: rfarmer

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020
Hello guys!!!
I have a RTX 3060 Ti from Palit, but Dual OC version with RGB or ARGB. And I also want to mod to make it ITX too. But my warranty would be voided, I can only do it in 2024.
This is my card: https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3883&lang=pt
I wonder if has the single itx card with RGB or ARGB for it.
Both of the Palit that I found in AliExpress doesn't have all the thermal pad to fill. I only found the PNY.

Both Palit that doesn't have all the thermal pads.

This PNY has all.

And I will order too this backplate to cut.