RTX 3060 Ti S4 Compatability - EVGA

Rumpkin

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
Hey everyone,

Been watching the new GPU launches to see what SFF options we can expect. Looking for a new GPU for my S4 build and came across this new card from EVGA:

Appears like it should fit but the 8-pin is located on the top of the card (sad face). Anyone built with this card yet or seen any other options worth considering?

For reference: I am working on a brickless build using the HDPLEX 400W DC-DC/DC-ATX setup, so the card height is tight. May have to mod if I want a more powerful card based on the GPUs we have seen so far.

Regards,

-Jim

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Hey everyone,

Been watching the new GPU launches to see what SFF options we can expect. Looking for a new GPU for my S4 build and came across this new card from EVGA:

Appears like it should fit but the 8-pin is located on the top of the card (sad face). Anyone built with this card yet or seen any other options worth considering?

For reference: I am working on a brickless build using the HDPLEX 400W DC-DC/DC-ATX setup, so the card height is tight. May have to mod if I want a more powerful card based on the GPUs we have seen so far.

Regards,

-Jim
Check out my post from r/sffpc:

Why the mods deleted it is anyone's guess. Good thing you can still view it though.

hyperborea

Trash Compacter
Jan 13, 2016
I'm also wondering if this will fit in an S4M-C... I currently have a GTX 1060 6GB SC Gaming, which is 4.38 x 6.8 inches.

The RTX 3060 is 4.33 x 7.94 inches. That extra 1.14 inches to the length I'm concerned about.

Edit: Josh said that cards up to 8 inch length should fit.

Last edited:

duq

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2020
But, what CPU to avoid bottlenecking the 3060ti? I have a 10600K and I think even undervolted it would probably be too hot.

Rumpkin

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
Late reply to this thread, but I have a full S4M build just waiting for this card. Still on a wait list with EVGA for the past 5 months. Do not want to pay triple MSRP from eBay or scalpers. My original plan was to pair this with a Ryzen 5600X. When and if I ever get this card or one like it, I will post back here after some stress tests to see how it all fits. From other people who have got the card in the NFC discord, this seems like a fairly plug and play solution with the latest version of the HDPLEX 400 so long as you get the version with a fan included, or provide your own in the build. There is always the option to undervolt as well as was mentioned earlier.