Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-MIT1 | Mini ITX Tower Case | Classic Layout | Minimalistic Design

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
@Neathdrawls - seems I can ship your case earlier than expected :cool:

I have also ordered some budget components to do a just-for-fun build myself and to prepare a short build instruction...
Whee! That is really quicker than expected.

Rubbing my hands in glee now.

Although I am still waiting for my Asrock 6600XT ITX to arrive too!

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Before I make a decision @REVOCCASES , have you considered ever doing your own take on a layout like the LZ7 or J-Hack Pure XL? I'm in two minds about going for that kind of layout or the MIT1.

Also, how have you been getting on with shipping things to the UK? Am I likely to be hit with additional charges and do you have any kind of ballpark on what they normally are? (I know you can't be specific but are we talking a few pounds, a few tens of pounds or towards a hundred?)

Thanks again, and sorry for the dithery questions. :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Before I make a decision @REVOCCASES , have you considered ever doing your own take on a layout like the LZ7 or J-Hack Pure XL? I'm in two minds about going for that kind of layout or the MIT1.

Also, how have you been getting on with shipping things to the UK? Am I likely to be hit with additional charges and do you have any kind of ballpark on what they normally are? (I know you can't be specific but are we talking a few pounds, a few tens of pounds or towards a hundred?)

Thanks again, and sorry for the dithery questions. :)

I did a layout like that with one of my very first cases, the MID1 - but using two Silverstone 180mm fans it is rather focused on cooling than size... here is one build I did with it, of course you could also use an SFX PSU and smaller cooler...

If you don't mind a few flaws with the surface treatment and want to safe some money, I can also offer you the MID1 or MIT1(AIR) as B-stock for a discount price.

I already shipped a few cases to the UK. No promises but so far it has been very smooth without additional charges for the customers.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
GPU still not arrived but I already started the build log...

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
GPU still not arrived but I already started the build log...

Look at what just got delivered!

Ah, you and me both, am still waiting for my GPU to arrive. Looks like mine is only going to be delivered next week.

Wasn't expecting that many accessories/goodies together with the case! Very, very much appreciated!

No issues with the panel quality and very sturdy when fully assembled.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Cool seeing builds happening this quick!

I've managed to get a Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX card for a good price. It's a pretty solid card.

Won't be able to place an order till the end of this month, but I've had more of a thought about my appoarch. I took my SG05 on holiday and it felt very heavy (then again I have a heavy Vango Nomad 45 backpack). I like taking my desktop with me, so I've gone off the idea of a larger/heavy cooler. My current setup uses an L12 Ghost version, so I might ask Noctua for some fan clips and stick a 120mm fan on top. I believe the Chromax NF-A12x25 is due by the end of the year.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Just finished up the build, got it to post, and decided to call it the end of the day.

Ignore my 'cable management', or rather, the lack thereof.

Also, didn't manage to mount the top 2 fans (60mm fan mounting holes don't line up), but instead a 92x25mm fan at the front. Not sure if it was supposed to be, but hey, more fans is better right.

I have custom cables coming along (hopefully soon), and some time to gather my thoughts and my thermal tests on it!

Cheers for the lovely case!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Also, didn't manage to mount the top 2 fans (60mm fan mounting holes don't line up), but instead a 92x25mm fan at the front. Not sure if it was supposed to be, but hey, more fans is better right.
Main airflow is from case front to case rear. Right? Looks good.

Reactions: Neathdrawls

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Just finished up the build, got it to post, and decided to call it the end of the day.

Ignore my 'cable management', or rather, the lack thereof.

awesome build, especially with the SS135 and ASRock 6600XT in there. 😃

the XL-AIR version does not come with those top 60mm fan mounts since the airflow concept is just front to back - you could mount 40mm fans there but I don't think it will make any difference... actually I also did not consider a front intake fan but good to know you could mount one there 👍

looking forward to your thermal tests and final thoughts

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
awesome build, especially with the SS135 and ASRock 6600XT in there. 😃

the XL-AIR version does not come with those top 60mm fan mounts since the airflow concept is just front to back - you could mount 40mm fans there but I don't think it will make any difference... actually I also did not consider a front intake fan but good to know you could mount one there 👍

looking forward to your thermal tests and final thoughts
Ah, didn't have much space for the fans there too!

Considering how I pretty much used that space to cram all my wires.

Really need to clean that nest up (eventually). Stock PSU wires from the Dagger Pro is really, erm, something.

Just really happy that everything fit perfectly and expectedly like a glove! The front 92mm was a pleasant surprise really, with the mounting hole fitting.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Just really happy that everything fit perfectly and expectedly like a glove! The front 92mm was a pleasant surprise really, with the mounting hole fitting.

Can you also share your experience of the acoustic performance? Maybe, adding some spacer for the fan will improve it since usually placing fan blades right up against the grille is not optimal.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Maybe, adding some spacer for the fan will improve it since usually placing fan blades right up against the grille is not optimal.

I also think this will cause some unpleasant turbulence noise - at least at medium to high fan speed.

Think I send @Neathdrawls some plastic washers and rubber fan mounts - maybe can try some of those if it's getting noisy.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Yes, there is some turbulence with the front mounted fan, unfortunately.

It's a low humming noise around mid speeds (30% to 60% pwm range). All maximum speeds because I have stupid 4500rpm 80mm fans for exhaust, it can be heard from outside my room, so erm, yeah that drowns out all noise.

Didn't think about that yesterday when fitting the rig together.

Going to try again later today with two spacers on each mount to see if it helps.

Thanks for the heads up and the extras!

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Ok, custom cables arrived, and after some amount of procrastination, I am happy enough with my cable management.

Really should put my thoughts and tests results into actual words soon, and not procrastinate even more.

Solid side panel doesn't seem to hinder or improve thermals, maybe a slight noise improvement.

Front fan mount I have improvised even more, now the fan screws are mounted with one washer and two rubber anti-vibration rubber o-rings, and from what I can tell, the turbulence from being mounted too near the front is gone.

Last edited:

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Ok, custom cables arrived, and after some amount of procrastination, I am happy enough with my cable management.

Really should put my thoughts and tests results into actual words soon, and not procrastinate even more.

Solid side panel doesn't seem to hinder or improve thermals, maybe a slight noise improvement.

Front fan mount I have improvised even more, now the fan screws are mounted with one washer and two rubber anti-vibration rubber o-rings, and from what I can tell, the turbulence from being mounted too near the front is gone.

Just did up my write up and thoughts into a post.

Really do like the case and was an enjoyable process!

Link's here:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
today I moved my DIY 3060Ti ITX in the MIT1 (non-XL) to show you some thermal test results...

first of all, I must say I am positively surprised how well the PALIT cooler mod works and that the fan curve on that 3060Ti is very good balanced - not too loud and not too hot for my taste

So, here are the results inside the MIT1, case closed, vertical orientation with GPU at the bottom:

and for comparison: in my BIG560 with open side panels as a test bench

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
a customer asked me to make him a modified version to fit his EVGA 3060 Ti XC GAMING - coming close to 9.3L let's call it the MIT1-AIR-XXL

due to the increased size it is possible to mount an 120x25mm fan to support the front to back airflow with a tower cooler like the Silver Soul 135

Very impressive and nice! How many more "X" would be adding to future iterations of the case?

Ooh, front 120mm fan mount now. Wind tunnel effect now would be even stronger, should be even better thermals now!