Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-MIT1 | Mini ITX Tower Case | Classic Layout | Minimalistic Design

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

RCC-MIT1 vs. RCC-MIT1-XL-AIR

Reactions: morj and tinyitx

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
What would be the better cooling solution? The Silver Soul 135 or the NH-C14S? More specifically noise and weight? Would you also need case fans to make them work effectively?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
What would be the better cooling solution? The Silver Soul 135 or the NH-C14S? More specifically noise and weight? Would you also need case fans to make them work effectively?

Personally I haven't tested either of those coolers but I would assume the C14S could be a bit more silent because of the bigger (Noctua) fan.

Case fans are totally optional since the enclosure is already well ventilated. Of course they would be beneficial if you go for a higher TDP CPU and want to gain a few degrees lower temps. I would try it without case fans first and see how it goes.

Just for reference: I can run my 6600K semi passive cooled with an IS60EVO and all fans off. Only relying on the air movement from the PSU fan it would max out with a Delta T of 40C under load. I know - that CPU is super easy to cool but still...

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I suggest to have GPU vents on all sides. Some GPUs have flower-like or vertical heatsink fins which ejects hot air to all directions, such as:

Asus 1660Ti Phoenix

Or MSI 1660 Aero ITX

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I suggest to have GPU vents on all sides. Some GPUs have flower-like or vertical heatsink fins which ejects hot air to all directions, such as:

Asus 1660Ti Phoenix

Or MSI 1660 Aero ITX

The case is BTO, so almost everything except the layout and overall shape could be modified according to the customers preferences. So if you have a GPU like this and want to have additional vents I can just add them for you.

Doing both - design & manufacturing all by myself, plus selling only one or two cases per month I'm pretty flexible here.

Last edited:

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
With some tweaks and increasing the volume a bit you could probably fit an 120mm AIO, but I'd say a good air cooler would perform better.

Just thinking if I have any other questions.

Ah, yes. Any chance of any front IO even if it’s just a single USB-A port?

And the important one, when? :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Ah, yes. Any chance of any front IO even if it’s just a single USB-A port?

And the important one, when? :)

Let me think about it. Maybe I can enlarge the vented area on top so that you could mount an USB port there.

I'll try to set up a product page on my website this week. Lead time for my BTO cases mainly depends on the powder coating guys. Usually it's 4 to 6 weeks.

Reactions: Tute

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Based on your feedback I have added some additional vent slots to the MIT1-XL-AIR

@ignsvn - that should work better now for GPUs like you showed above and probably also does not hurt for other GPUs

@Tute - you will be able to mount an USB I/O to the vents on top - USB-A and USB-C cables like this can easily be found on eBay, Amazon, etc...

To get some idea how many people are interested in the case I have tried to set up a configurator on my website for pre-orders. Let me know if it works as it's supposed to. If you should have some "special requirements" for your case you can just contact me.

Please note:
  • the case is made from 1.5mm 5754 aluminum - due to all the vent slots it is very lightweight but also quite flexible - it will get it's stability once it is fully assembled
  • I currently don't have an ITX sized GPU for testing - it should fit and work fine - if it doesn't we'll figure something out
  • my powder coating supplier is on holiday for the next two weeks - lead time could be a little bit longer
  • mentioned GPU clearance are absolute max. dimensions - considering power cables/connectors you may need an adapter like this [click]
Last but not least: if someone would like to take the MIT1-XL-AIR sample I showed you earlier, I'll put it up for sale in the trade section at a discount price.

Reactions: Neathdrawls

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Website and ordering process looks and works perfectly fine to me.

That being said, order has been made and looking forward to it.

Many thanks for the quick responses and changes!

Edit: Oh actually, I just realised that there wasn't an option for the AIR panel variant/options. Maybe to include it as an option and would there be a way I could change the order in this case?

Last edited:
Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Website and ordering process looks and works perfectly fine to me.

That being said, order has been made and looking forward to it.

Many thanks for the quick responses and changes!

Edit: Oh actually, I just realised that there wasn't an option for the AIR panel variant/options. Maybe to include it as an option and would there be a way I could change the order in this case?

Order received, many thanks!

I think you ordered correct, with the vented side panel. But as I promised before I'll also send you a solid panel to check what works best for you.

I'll start manufacturing next week and keep you posted here about the progress.