Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-MIT1 | Mini ITX Tower Case | Classic Layout | Minimalistic Design

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
long time no new case design... 😅

here is my take on a classic layout micro tower case, compatible with ITX sized GPUs and pretty tall CPU coolers

RCC-MIT1 compatibility:
  • mITX Motherboard
  • PSU: SFX, SFX-L
  • GPU: 185 Long x 129 High x 43 Thick (overall max. clearance in mm incl. power cables)
  • CPU cooler: up to 124mm
  • fan mounting options: 2x 60mm (top), 2x 80mm (back)
RCC-MIT1-XL compatibility:
  • mITX Motherboard
  • PSU: SFX, SFX-L
  • GPU: 185 Long x 141 High x 43 Thick (overall max. clearance in mm incl. power cables)
  • CPU cooler: up to 136mm
  • fan mounting options: 2x 80mm (back)

extra large clearance below the motherboard (12mm) to allow for heatsinks on your M.2 drive

more pictures:

I didn't have a normal ITX sized GPU at hand, but a LP GPU also seems to fit fine... a suitable GPU bracket could be e.g. 3D printed...

using adhesive HiFi feet, the case allows for different orientations:

inverted tower with GPU on top

traditional micro tower

or "desktop" mode

For those who like to support me I can offer the RCC-MIT1 build-to-order. For the DIY community I have attached the drawings to this post. Feel free to get the parts laser cut locally and make your own (for personal use only!).

Attachments

• Revoccasese-MIT1-R1.0A.zip
    108.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
We engineers need to polish our marketing skills...eg cleaning off those fingerprints before taking product photos.😷

I tried to wipe them off before taking the photos but they already burned in the raw aluminum during the weekend 😅

I'll take some better ones after I get the case back from powder coating.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Looking good! We need more classic layout cases for ITX GPUs.

If the CPU cooler clearance is 135mm, NH-C14S with a 14025mm fan on top or, the new Thermalright Silver Soul 135 would then fit.

But I guess it would make the volume closer to 9L, I reckon.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Looking good! We need more classic layout cases for ITX GPUs.

If the CPU cooler clearance is 135mm, NH-C14S with a 14025mm fan on top or, the new Thermalright Silver Soul 135 would then fit.

But I guess it would make the volume closer to 9L, I reckon.

I thought about support for the SS135 but like you said, volume would increase quite a bit and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

If the 6600XT Challenger or 3060Ti Aero will ever be available for normal prices I'd probably build a system with the Dark Rock TF2 in this case to downsize my current rig.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I love this. How much would it be for build on demand and are you able to ship to the UK?

Seeing as the max height for the CPU cooler is 124mm, would the Noctua NH-U9S fit (which is also 124mm high?)

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
I thought about support for the SS135 but like you said, volume would increase quite a bit and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

If the 6600XT Challenger or 3060Ti Aero will ever be available for normal prices I'd probably build a system with the Dark Rock TF2 in this case to downsize my current rig.
If you ever decide to make a case that can fit the SS135/Dark Rock TF2, do holler!

Will be buying it without much thinking.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I love this. How much would it be for build on demand and are you able to ship to the UK?

Seeing as the max height for the CPU cooler is 124mm, would the Noctua NH-U9S fit (which is also 124mm high?)

Thanks!

Honestly I still didn't calculate the price. I think about EUR 50,- for the raw aluminum and EUR 60,- for the powder coated version. I can ship worldwide, just have to check the cost with UPS.

CPU cooler clearance is 124,50mm +/- 0,50 production tolerance, so the NH-U9S should fit.

If you ever decide to make a case that can fit the SS135/Dark Rock TF2, do holler!

Will be buying it without much thinking.

Since its BTO and I'm not planning to produce this on stock, I could simply make you a bigger version. Just have to check if my press break is big enough to do the bends. You can DM me if you're interested.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
@Neathdrawls

RCC-MIT1XL
  • 8.4L (w/o feet), compatible with SS135
  • DR TF2 also fits but might cause some turbulence noise at higher fan speeds

if that works for you I'll try to get it bend somehow...
Looks great, and it definetly works for me.

Edit: Was about to say, I think I gotten immune to fan noise after living and working with my Flex ATX 1U PSU. Those fans are noisy as hell.

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Thanks!

Honestly I still didn't calculate the price. I think about EUR 50,- for the raw aluminum and EUR 60,- for the powder coated version. I can ship worldwide, just have to check the cost with UPS.

CPU cooler clearance is 124,50mm +/- 0,50 production tolerance, so the NH-U9S should fit.

Cool, that's about £51.28 before taxes/import/shipping for the power coated version. Will be considering this around my October or November pay days whether or not I can get ahold of an ITX GPU.

What colours do you have for the power coated versions?

---

@ignsvn - Agreed. I was considering that and similar cases but I'm not a fan of glass on the side.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Cool, that's about £51.28 before taxes/import/shipping for the power coated version. Will be considering this around my October or November pay days whether or not I can get ahold of an ITX GPU.

What colours do you have for the power coated versions?

I think you don't have to pay import fees if you are located in the UK. At least @Goatee didn't have to pay anything last time.

Due to the very small quantities I'm only offering one color: "REVOCCASES Space Gray Metallic" :p

IMO it matches really nice with the minimalistic, industrial style.

The coating looks a bit different every time, but here is an example from the last TIPIO1 batch:

NOTABLE-00081.jpg

Would you be in for a normal or XL version?

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
RCC-MIT1XL
  • 8.4L (w/o feet), compatible with SS135
  • DR TF2 also fits but might cause some turbulence noise at higher fan speeds

if that works for you I'll try to get it bend somehow...

Now we need `RCC-MIT1XL AIR` with cutouts in the front panel 😁

Rationale: if I would build in such a case, I'll try something like the Thermalright TS120 MINI (120mm tower cooler) and orient it so that the rear 80mm fans would be exhaust and front panel would be intake. Hope that makes sense.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Now we need `RCC-MIT1XL AIR` with cutouts in the front panel 😁

Rationale: if I would build in such a case, I'll try something like the Thermalright TS120 MINI (120mm tower cooler) and orient it so that the rear 80mm fans would be exhaust and front panel would be intake. Hope that makes sense.

Agreed, for tower coolers it might make sense to add additional air intakes to allow for front to back airflow.

Originally I had a little different airflow in mind because I was considering the TF2 or C14S with one fan in pull for my personal build. With a top down cooler you would have intake from the side and bottom - exhaust from the back and top. The PSU would create additional negative airflow. Adding air intakes to the front would probably not be beneficial for that setup.

Long story short, if someone wants to use a tower cooler I could indeed make an MIT1-XL-AIR XD

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Agreed, for tower coolers it might make sense to add additional air intakes to allow for front to back airflow.

Originally I had a little different airflow in mind because I was considering the TF2 or C14S with one fan in pull for my personal build. With a top down cooler you would have intake from the side and bottom - exhaust from the back and top. The PSU would create additional negative airflow. Adding air intakes to the front would probably not be beneficial for that setup.

Long story short, if someone wants to use a tower cooler I could indeed make an MIT1-XL-AIR XD
Hahah, sign me up or rather, change my order for the Air version then!

On another note, would it make sense for the top panel to the ventilated, so that the PSU fan would be facing out instead and have it's own access to fresh air?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
how do you think...

might actually be better to use a solid side panel for this version 🤔
Wow. That's fast and I think it looks great!

Actually I personally would like the vented panel, but the question would then be, "how much vents is too much vents?"