Reddit

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 21, 2018
Is anybody else worried about r/sffpc after July 1st? Reddit is closing the API to third parties by making it exorbitantly expensive. I have always used Apollo to frequent forums, and Reddit is posed to lose a large % of mobile users with this change.

Reactions: Phuncz

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Honestly, the thing to do....outreach SFF.NET to r/sffpc and carry the content and the people over here. Might need mod staff etc to adapt to a larger post traffic. Once Reddit goes through with this 'let's kill 3rd party apps' API billing--I'm off Reddit. Done. Gone. My and my quarter million comment/post karma.

It is sad, but these things happen. I posted/lived through X.D.A. basically folding. Also UbunstuForums going to pot. Also the start of the collapse of [H]ardForum. It happens. Usually due to bullheaded decision making by people who don't care a whole lot about their community relative to their own ego.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
SFF.Net and SFFPC subreddit have always been separate, run by separate folks. I've reached out a few times re: working together but the last hope left their team some time back.

I'd love for the SFF community to combine under one roof (here), but it's up to the users - we're only providing one place to be. if folks prefer another, it is what it is, and we tried our best :)

FWIW, our mod team and mod algorithms are awesomesauce, and for every 1 scumbag/spammer that you see here, our team and bots stop 999.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I also think the amount of Discord SFF servers has changed the scene a bit. I'm mostly lurking on the major ones (this site's included).