News Realan W-60 HTPC Case Review

Say what you want about the value and utility of their products, but Apple arguably has the best design team in the industry. Which, of course, explains why companies always seem to be trying to mimic them - with our case on-deck, the Realan W-60, being the latest in a long line of Mac Mini-ish, m-ITX HTPC case
Read More...

Reactions: Phuncz

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
Cool! thanks! haven't bought anything yet, apart from the Ryzen CPU and motherboard (ramsticks + M2 + Picopsu still need to come) But I also found a Realan W80 on Aliexpress, which is actually the same case but 2cm higher.

Also currently I'm using my C7 in my DAN A4, but i'll be switching that one for a L9i, so figured I could use the C7. the Ryzen Wraith stealth cooler measures a 55mm if im right?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Cool! thanks! haven't bought anything yet, apart from the Ryzen CPU and motherboard (ramsticks + M2 + Picopsu still need to come) But I also found a Realan W80 on Aliexpress, which is actually the same case but 2cm higher.

Also currently I'm using my C7 in my DAN A4, but i'll be switching that one for a L9i, so figured I could use the C7. the Ryzen Wraith stealth cooler measures a 55mm if im right?

Looks like that W80 is 80mm tall overall. Stealth is 54mm according to this page: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/wraith-stealth-height.1952/page-2

I plan on slapping a Scythe Shuriken Rev B (64mm) on my Ryzen 2400g in my Realan Ei7 when the processor arrives later this week. I may even see if a Cryorig C1 will fit (74mm) but that will be cutting it as the Ei7 is only 100mm tall exterior. Mobo standoffs are 6mm and the aluminum pannels are a few mm each.

Reactions: JAugust

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
may I also ask what powersupply you use? I just bought some 15 bucks 150W picopsu loool.

The Realan Ei7 comes with a small DC board and external power brick running at 12v. I've since purchased the Mean Well EPP-200 to run internal in the case and a slightly more powerful DC board. These power boards are definitely bigger than the PicoPSU because they still use a 20pin ATX connector with separate power board, but significantly smaller than a SFX power supply.

I've actually got one for sale cheap here if you're interested in it: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...tx-and-power-brick-headphones-ac-router.8571/

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
Ah yes! I just got a Realan H65S on Aliexpress. (I know I know loool) but also got me a 150 Picopsu and a 120W adapter. hopefully my Cryorig C7 will fit, since it's atleast half a cm taller than the normal W60. I like the Mac-ish design of it and it all seemed like a good deal, will be turning it to a HTPC which can do some light gaming. (ryzen 2400G, Gskill 3200mhz, 480GB M2 and I'm still torn between the Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi, or the [URL='https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1227585/msi-b450i-gaming-plus-ac.html']MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC. ok sorry I copy paste the names but now I can't switch back to white letters. lool[/URL]

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Ah yes! I just got a Realan H65S on Aliexpress. (I know I know loool) but also got me a 150 Picopsu and a 120W adapter. hopefully my Cryorig C7 will fit, since it's atleast half a cm taller than the normal W60. I like the Mac-ish design of it and it all seemed like a good deal, will be turning it to a HTPC which can do some light gaming. (ryzen 2400G, Gskill 3200mhz, 480GB M2 and I'm still torn between the Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi, or the MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC. ok sorry I copy paste the names but now I can't switch back to white letters. lool
I bought the ASRock B450i for my 2400g this week. I wanted that USB-C connector. Everything should show up tomorrow so I'm going to see how it all goes.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Ah yes! I just got a Realan H65S on Aliexpress. (I know I know loool) but also got me a 150 Picopsu and a 120W adapter. hopefully my Cryorig C7 will fit, since it's atleast half a cm taller than the normal W60. I like the Mac-ish design of it and it all seemed like a good deal, will be turning it to a HTPC which can do some light gaming. (ryzen 2400G, Gskill 3200mhz, 480GB M2 and I'm still torn between the Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WiFi, or the MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC. ok sorry I copy paste the names but now I can't switch back to white letters. lool

Gigabyte has come out with a B450 Aorus Pro WiFi that has a more traditional layout than the B350.

The Gigabyte supports HDMI 2.0 the MSI is HDMI 1.4.

Last edited:

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
oh really? the mainboard in my gaming rig is a B150N Phoenix Wifi with usb c. I don't use it tho, but I really don't want to go overkill for a HTPC though. loool. Gigabyte has nice stuff yea. so, the HDMI 2.0 has better support for 4K? My tv is 4K. gaming will be in 1080p though but I just want the resolution to be 4K for streaming etc. you guys think the Vega 11 is capable of doing that? I've seen people modding a GT 1030 or a 1050 Low profile inside their cases though to get a bitter better performance.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
oh really? the mainboard in my gaming rig is a B150N Phoenix Wifi with usb c. I don't use it tho, but I really don't want to go overkill for a HTPC though. loool. Gigabyte has nice stuff yea. so, the HDMI 2.0 has better support for 4K? My tv is 4K. gaming will be in 1080p though but I just want the resolution to be 4K for streaming etc. you guys think the Vega 11 is capable of doing that? I've seen people modding a GT 1030 or a 1050 Low profile inside their cases though to get a bitter better performance.
Yeah several of the B450 mITX motherboards have HDMI 2.0 so you're good for hooking it up to a 4k tv. You definitely will want to game at a lower resolution (1080p) but the 2200g/2400g should be perfect for media playback at 4k resolution.

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
Yes, some boards even have 4K but at 24Hz or something? lol. I'll be ditching my playstation 3, and will be replacing it with this tiny build. but yeah, gaming will be at 1080P, regardless. I'll guess I wait for the gigabyte, unless it costs more than the whole processor loool.