• Something else, please specify in comments

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Isometricy

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 29, 2017
Hi guys,

can't decide between these three. Have read reviews but haven't found any deal-breakers or the opposite. The system will be drawing 400w at its absolute max but I really like the idea of a bigger fan. The pricing on the lian li is rediculous but its sold via amazon by lian li sooo... idk

Iso

Isometricy

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 29, 2017
It may even be sensible to go for one of the platinum 650w/700w ones as I've seen people praise them for rarely turning on the fan in the first place...

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I'm sold on Silverstone for PSUs. They depin very easy which is important to me. I would buy a platinum rated unit though if I am buying a PSU. I buy alot of the SX700-LPT units and aside from a noisy fan (which they have since fixed) in early gen models they have been fantastic.

There are a few amazing teardowns and reviews on SFFNetwork you should check out.

Reactions: Phuncz

Isometricy

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 29, 2017
I saw the "SSFn recommends" post about SFX PSUs and they leave you hanging with "We'd suggest checking out our upcoming pick for the best SFX-L unit,"... That was on the 2nd of November, oh well.
I just asked Oklahoma Wolf of jonnyGURU my PSU question after reading his reviews, although he hasn't responded yet, he praises the Corsair SF600 in his extensive review of it. Does anybody own it? The two PSUs I'm looking at now are the above-mentioned SF600 (98€) and Josh's recommendation, the SX700-LPT I (142€). The deciding factor will be the actual draw of my system under usual load/idle (The watt-meter should arrive today) as the SF600's fan turns on at 120W and the SX700-LPT's turns on at 200W.

Thanks for the votes and thanks to Josh for repeatedly answering my stupid questions in different threads, you're the best!

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
At release, the SF600 was noisier than the SF450 (they used the same cooling solution, with the 600 having a more aggressive fan curve). The SF450 takes a relatively high percentage of load for the fan to even turn on. Don't know if Corsair has updated either design.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Other than what others have said above, I'm quite sure in normal situation those 3 will work OK. Just one thing about the Lian-Li: Is it this one? https://smallformfactor.net/reviews/powersupplies/lian-li-pe-550-review

If yes, then I personally feel uneasy with the modular connector positioned so close to one side of the PSU. Not sure if it will ease or complicate things when building / disassembling.

My 2c, your miles may vary.