Image Credit – AMD

Recently, Hardware Unboxed tested the effect of using resizable bar on their Z790 Intel test bench. They discovered that Gigabyte boards show substantial performance improvements in certain games over other brands, when paired with an RTX 4090. Primarily this was in Horizon Zero Dawn.  Ultimately, they determined that the Gigabyte boards had resizable bar turned off whereas all other boards had it turned on.
I decided to do a quick test with my more modest setup to see if I could replicate this. I used Z690 boards paired with the Intel I9-12900K, to compare a RTX 3080 to Radeon 6900XT. This is an informal test, and I needed the RTX 3080 machine immediately operational. This meant I couldn’t put the RTX...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Interesting, just for data sake the same set of benchmarks should be performed on an AMD Cpu/motherboard system. I'm curious if this is an Intel or Nvidia issue.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Interesting, just for data sake the same set of benchmarks should be performed on an AMD Cpu/motherboard system. I'm curious if this is an Intel or Nvidia issue.

I'm actually working on something a bit more comprehensive. I don't have a 7000 series AMD test setup though. It will have to be on a 5800X3D.