Source: PCWorld
From the 31st of January, Microsoft will cease selling Windows 10 digital downloads – meaning that the only place to buy Windows 10 will be from resellers, while stocks last. Whilst support for Windows 10 will continue until October 14, 2025, this is the first true sign of the end for 10.
From the 31st of January, Windows 11 will be the only Windows version available to buy from Microsoft, forcing any new system builders to use it if they cannot source a licence from a third party.
If you’re not a fan of Windows 11 – time to buy a few spare licences for perpetuity.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
This is good news for nobody. Windows 11 feels like a rethemed Windows 8, and we all know how that went...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This is a good year as any to concider mainlining another OS, as one of the many Linux versions like Pop!_OS oir Ubuntu. I am concidering it and I've been trying to, but the main hurdle was game support. But that's never been better since the SteamDeck.

Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
This is a good year as any to concider mainlining another OS, as one of the many Linux versions like Pop!_OS oir Ubuntu. I am concidering it and I've been trying to, but the main hurdle was game support. But that's never been better since the SteamDeck.
I wish I could, but I work in heavy windows environments, then I have a girlfriend and her kid. What little freetime I have I'm starting to try and learn python for a career change, I just don't have the time right now. My buddy tried Pop and loved it though. Think he still boots it, actually.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Problem being anti-cheat implementations kill Linux compatibility. Also any game that facilitates modding, yea you are not modding the game in Linux.

TBH I'm thinking of picking up a new M2 Mac Mini

Reactions: XNine and Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'm indifferent between 10/11 thus far, although today I found the Android Subsystem extra to be super useful (a certain system I use for he and work is android/iOS only)