PSU Recommendation For SFF VR Build

marqDsade

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
Hello All,
I am new to SFFNetwork and need a bit of assistance.
I have purchased a GEEEK A30 case and I was wondering what silent psu I could use for my build.
I will be using a Gigabyte ga-ab350n gaming wifi mini itx board, a AMD Ryzen 2400g with a low profile Noctua cpu cooler.
Also it will have a single Crucial 500gb M.2 drive, 16gb of Corsair Vengeance pro ram, 2 extra 80mm fans.
The gpu will be a Nvidia Gtx 1060 that will be under 225mm/9.5".
I have used pcpartspicker.com to determine the wattage total to be around 249watts.
This will be very small and I would like to use it with vr.
I would like some help due to the fact that I do not wish to use a hot, noisy FlexPSU so I would like to know
what PicoPsu and brick to acquire that will work for my build.
Any assistance would be greatful.

Thanks

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Hello All,
I am new to SFFNetwork and need a bit of assistance.
I have purchased a GEEEK A30 case and I was wondering what silent psu I could use for my build.
I will be using a Gigabyte ga-ab350n gaming wifi mini itx board, a AMD Ryzen 2400g with a low profile Noctua cpu cooler.
Also it will have a single Crucial 500gb M.2 drive, 16gb of Corsair Vengeance pro ram, 2 extra 80mm fans.
The gpu will be a Nvidia Gtx 1060 that will be under 225mm/9.5".
I have used pcpartspicker.com to determine the wattage total to be around 249watts.
This will be very small and I would like to use it with vr.
I would like some help due to the fact that I do not wish to use a hot, noisy FlexPSU so I would like to know
what PicoPsu and brick to acquire that will work for my build.
Any assistance would be greatful.

Thanks

So I am a fan of HDPLEX and on my Ryzen SFF custom case build I used the 300W product ( see here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/my-ryzen-scratch-build-hackintosh.3630/#post-106846 ).

And if you can live with an external brick, you could go with the HDPLEX 160 as I did on my # 22 case ( see here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/my-way-22-yet-another-scratch-build-case.8120/#post-106848 ).

Good luck with your project,
Neil

marqDsade

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
So you think an HDPlex 300w with maybe a 240 brick just as a preventative measure when VRing?
I was worried 300w wouldn't give me any overhead to be safe with.

marqDsade

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
My first VR SFF build with the Geeek A30 case with slight modifications. The 330W power brick works great with my HDPlex.