PSU & RAM advice needed

Torin

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
I am planning to use the Apex DM-317-A case in my DIY router build, but its included PSU looks awful, so it has to be replaced with something much better. I was looking at these:
Seasonic SS-300TFX
Seasonic SS-300TGW
I keep getting conflicting info on other forums. Someone will say one or both are compatible...someone else will say one or both are too wide and will not fit the case. Guess I need a 'tiebreaker', and would like opinions on this.

Torin

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
I am looking for low-profile RAM (2 x 8GB) for my SFF router build, which will use pfSense. I would much prefer either G.SKILL or Crucial. It has to match to Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A and Intel core i3-4160. I think these are compatible:
G.SKILL Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAB
Crucial Ballistix Tactical BLT2K4G3D1608ET3LXO
...but I know little about RAM stuff, so could anyone confirm or deny? If both are compatible, could use advice to pick between them, or I will have to toss a coin. If neither are suitable, please advise what is. Thanks!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
1. You need to reduce your threads into one consolidated topic. Don't spam like that.

2. Just pick whatever is on sale. DDR3 is DDR3. Pick one with small or no heat spreader. Use pcpartpicker.com

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Questions above consolidated from multiple threads about both RAM and PSU advice needed.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
For the PSUs, they have different physical dimensions and the rails are set up differently

https://seasonic.com/product/ss-300-tfx-active-pfc-f0/

https://seasonic.com/product/ss-300-tgw-active-pfc-f0/

The TGW can do full power on the 12V rail, whereas the TFX can only do up to 252W, so make sure you do not need more than that, if you are going to use the TFX.