PSA: Refund delays

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
It's come to our attention that at least some of the refunds we've issued in the past two weeks or so have yet to be deposited back into customer's bank accounts. We had to cancel a large number of orders recently due to Taiwan Post suspending shipment to over 100 countries due to COVID-19. I've inquired with Shopify (who acts as our payment processor) as to why these delays are happening, but have yet to hear back from them. I will keep this thread updated as I find out more information.

Reactions: Darch

XelNika

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 2, 2020
Hey Necere, the refund for my order (one of the affected, order cancelled March 22nd) arrived today so perhaps they are trickling in now.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I heard back from Shopify today, this was their response:
Due to the recent impact of COVID-19, we experienced a large spike in refund requests which triggered a delay with refund submissions by our payment processing partners. This was an isolated incident which has now been corrected and all impacted refunds have been updated.

Also getting reports that people are receiving their refunds now, so it seems to be mostly cleared up.