Processor Heatsink for Streacom F1C Evo Chassis supporting 95W TDP

nastav

Case Bender
Original poster
Jan 8, 2020
My current PC build is showing signs of impending Mobo failure.

I recently built an SFF desktop for my SO using the Streacom F7C Alpha Chassis which was able to accommodate a (laptop) DVD drive, and a cooling fan. Now I'm thinking of building a new PC with the Streacom F1C Evo chassis, with the following configuration:

I'm able to find a few coolers that meet the spec (<= 34mm, 60mmx60mmx10mm or 40mmx40mmx10mm), like these:

Unfortunately, neither comes close to supporting 95W TDP required by the Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor.

I'm looking for...

1. Recommendations for CPU cooler that would work well with the intended processor.
  2. Alternative chassis suggestions (I'm not tried to Stracom F1C Evo; I have similar challenges with finiding a cooler for the F7C Alpha chassis that would support 95W TDP)

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I'd look into other chassis. this one seems like it restrict airflow too much for this 95w cpu. at this size, it would either be too hot or too loud but probably a bit of both.

nastav

Case Bender
Original poster
Jan 8, 2020
After much thinking, I decided to get a larger "small" chassis - Thermaltake Core V21. It's no longer an SFF build, but I'm glad I spent some time thinking about it very carefully. Along the way, the build also morphed into a water-cooled AMD Ryzen 9 3900X build with 128GB RAM - so it's really not an SFF build anymore, but that's another story ?

I know when it's time to upgrade my SO's PC, there is little reason to make it larger than the current Streacom F7C Alpha Chassis ?. I've done a few builds but I'm still a "beginner" when it comes to reasoning about careful calibration of parameters like temperature without using active components (like fans), overclocking etc. Your input has been very helpful - I appreciate it!