CPU i7 -7820X
GPU Quadro M6000 12GB
ASRock X299E-ITX/ac
4x 16GB G.Skill SO DIMM
Samsung 970 NvMe 1 TB
Corsair SF600
Noctua NH-L12 + Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
Louqe ghost s1

I work with Keyshot, Solidworks, Adobe.. with keyshot I use my CPU at 100%, the CPU temperature is about 85 degrees with 4 Ghz on all cores, but sometime the computer stop in the middle of a rendering.

With Prime95 my CPU is at 70C with only 3.3 Ghz (Current Limit Throttling + Power Limit Throttling with intel Tuning Utility )but the computer goes off after 30s..

I don't understand if it's from my cpu or from psu ?

Last edited:

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
There are a number of things that might cause this. I do have a 7820X system but I cool it with 360mm radiator (NZXT X72). Your temps seem awfully low for the L12 cooler. However, temps alone don't necessarily indicate an issue. I'm going to write a list of follow up questions:

1. Are you running stock bios settings?

2. Are you using XMP?

3. Is your ram on the approved vendor list?

4. Has the system always been unstable, or is this a new development?

5. Have you updated Windows recently?

6. Is the power supply new, or was it reused. If it was reused, did your other system have any issues and draw similar power?

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
Sounds like either PSU or mobo.
A 600W SFX PSU seems really low for that config.
The GPU alone is 225W, and the CPU is 140W at base clock - i.e. at 4GHz all cores it's probably closer to 200-250 (my OCd 5960X goes up to 280W).
Once VRM losses and accessories it gets pretty high compared to what I'd want to derate an SFX PSU to...

Last edited:

lallyt

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
Hey,

Thank you for your responses!

Yeah, I'm running with the stock BIOS and without XMP, yeah the cpu is cool with the NH-L12 and NF-A12x15 used has intakes to get fresh air from the outside of my case, with a good thermal paste I'm happy with 85c on load. After some tests the problem was from my RAM one kit was instable I contacted G SKILL to change it, and everything work perfectly now.

Thank you for your help !

Reactions: Kilrah