Press Release: When an SFF Network article is marked as a press release, it is copied verbatim from marketing materials supplied by the company. It does not represent the views or opinions of SFF Network or it’s staff.

Colorful Technology Company Limited, a professional manufacturer of graphics cards, motherboards, all-in-one gaming and multimedia solutions, and high-performance storage, introduces the CVN B660I GAMING FROZEN and CVN B660I GAMING Mini-ITX motherboards as the latest addition to the CVN Series motherboards for the 12th generation Intel Core processors. The GAMING FROZEN motherboard features a white PCB from front to back, complemented with silver CVN cooling armor heatsinks.
The CVN B660I motherboards are perfect for small-form-factor PC enthusiasts seeking a compact powerhouse. The Mini-ITX motherboard sports an 8+1 Dr MOS power phase design and two DDR4 DIMM slots support up to 64 GB dual-channel capacity, and up to DDR4-4600 (OC) frequency. The motherboard...

Continue reading...

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Beautiful looking ITX board, been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Even though the front M.2 is rated for Gen4, I am unable to get two different Gen4 NVMe drives to boot with the board, but both drives are working fine in other builds. Gen 3 drives work and boot properly, but ocasionally it doesn't read the drive and i have reset the PC itself to try. BIOS used was the lastest by Colorful, and it seems that users have reported the ame issue too.

Buyer caution as there have been numerous reports that the board has quite a number of issues, as reported by users in China as well.

1. Some overclocking, RAM XMP issues. (Personally didn't have any issue using TeamGroup's Xtreme 4000 to run XMP at Gear 1)
2. BIOS options for changing PCIe gen can be hard to fine. (Didn't have any issues with post, using a Gen 4 cable with a Gen 4 GPU)
3. Dr.MOS power delivery issues (Didn't face any, but am using a 12100 only)

Last edited: