News PowerColor RX 5700 ITX

According to this article on OC3D.net PowerColor is coming out with a RX 5700 itx card, very good news. Limited to the Japanese market but hopefully someone can get their hands on one.

Edit: There is a VBIOS the brings the UEFI GOP to the 5700 ITX. You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223333/223333
Credit @Soul_Est

Last edited:

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
let us know how macOS handles the card... should really be no issues, but will be good to know (its the main reason im considering this card again)

also... just realized that last time i got this card and returned it, i couldnt get any video at all... how would i flash the VBIOS if this happened again?

You couldn't get video with any operating system? You probably needed to turn CSM on with stock VBIOS -- and Windows will not boot with CSM set to something different than it was when it was installed. I went back in the thread, and that's my best guess, anyway...

8 days of daily use in, and macOS support has been great (FWIW I'm using OpenCore for the first time). I have software + hardware DRM support, performance is great, and when rendering I haven't noticed the occasional rendering glitches/errors like I have with the Sapphire Pulse RX580.

Also should reiterate gaming (on Windows, of course) is a lot less stressful/tweaking too now that it's back to an ITX VBIOS.

My buyer's remorse is gone. YMMV.

Zgembo

Trash Compacter
Apr 14, 2017
OK, I've been using this updated RX5700 ITX vBIOS for couple of weeks and it has been awesome so far. PowerPlay table is identical to original except for the TDC limit, that has been decreased from 170A to 137A, which seems to be more reasonable for an ITX card. There has also been a very minor change in memory timings, probably a "bug" fix. My card seems more stable with this new vBIOS; previously it would occasionally crash in Linux under prolonged GPU load, but now it is rock stable.

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Damn that card is interesting, but it seems the returns are really diminishing over the 5600 XT compared to the price and wattage upgrade.

There is a VBIOS the brings the UEFI GOP to the 5700 ITX. You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223333/223333

@rfarmer, could you edit the main post to add this info? This seems crucial to potential buyers.

BTW, how long did it take to arrive for those who are living in Europe?