Portable/Living Room PC

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
Simply put, I want to build a tiny pc that squeezes in a single slot RX460. Ideally the case I'm looking for will allow me to fit an HDplex 300w internal ac/dc inside, but I'll settle on an external power brick if I have to.

After seeing a few different builds both on here and random google searches, the Streacom F1C Evo is very close to what I'm looking for, however I don't want to have to mod it to fit a single slot gpu.

So I'm hoping other users of this forum can point me in the direction of some cases similar to the F1C that have a single PCIE slot above the mobo, or some form of sandwich internal layout.

If I can't find what I want, then I'll simply dive in and design a case that I want.

edit: If necessary, I could sacrifice the single slot RX460 for a low profile 2 slot gpu if there are more options available in that layout.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I might consider the Lone Industries L4 made by our very own @Lone . Yes I realize they are currently sold out, but I would expect another run (hopefully) in the not too distant future.

https://loneindustries.com/products/4

The measurements are 225 x 94 x 216 mm which means you have approximately 45mm inside the front surface of the case on which to mount your HDPlex 300W AC-DC. At 94mm wide, and 225mm tall, there is no shortage of space for the AC-DC unit. Having previously owned the Lone Industries L1, I can attest to the super high quality of these cases.

Reactions: Lone and Phuncz

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'm not sure with your other requirements, but you may want to look at Silverstone ML06 (supports single slot full height GPU) or ML06-E (supports BOTH single slot full height GPU and dual slot low profile GPU). These require SFX psu tho.

If memory serves me right, I also remember there are some offerings from Realan which supports single slot full height GPU. Their volumes are smaller thus require external DC brick.

And yeah there are more awesome cases here in the forum :)

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
I might consider the Lone Industries L4 made by our very own @Lone . Yes I realize they are currently sold out, but I would expect another run (hopefully) in the not too distant future.

https://loneindustries.com/products/4

The measurements are 225 x 94 x 216 mm which means you have approximately 45mm inside the front surface of the case on which to mount your HDPlex 300W AC-DC. At 94mm wide, and 225mm tall, there is no shortage of space for the AC-DC unit. Having previously owned the Lone Industries L1, I can attest to the super high quality of these cases.

A great case, will probably end up what I will go with, if/when I can find one. However I'd like this case to be <3L if possible.

I'm not sure with your other requirements, but you may want to look at Silverstone ML06 (supports single slot full height GPU) or ML06-E (supports BOTH single slot full height GPU and dual slot low profile GPU). These require SFX psu tho

Yes, I've seen both of those Silverstone models. The SFX PSU requirement makes them a lot bigger than if they were designed for use with HDplex or similar psu.