Please verify my build too :)

nles

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Oct 1, 2019
Got my v6 last year, sitting there for quite sometime, finally going to build it probably next week. So I can quarantine myself at home and play some games XD

The build pretty much should be ok, just wanna double confirm it before I order all the parts. Here it is

Wanted to get the x570 strix unfortunately is not available in Malaysia. Asked the local distributor and they said hardware doesn't have international warranty.

Not really keen in the gigabyte x570, the only option left is asrock. So I'm guessing b450 is sufficient for my build.

Does the C14s comes with the correct mounting plate? Local distributor said I can send my proof of purchase to Noctua directly and they will send me the bracket for me to replace the 140mm fan on the cooler with 120mm fan.

The graphic card choice is mainly for aesthetic purpose, I might go for 5700xt pulse, haven't really make up my mind.

Power supply might change to 750w just need extra around 20usd.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
looks good. I have the 5700 xt and runs quite well when it works, because I have black screen issues from time to time.

Why not the gigabyte x570? I have one and it works perfectly fine, very cool board temp wise. The only problem I have is that it doesnt work well with the noctuas nfa 12x25 and sometimes the board doesn´t make them spin in pwm mode, so I have to use them on voltage mode.... but it´s not a great deal, because they still go as low as 850 rpm if I want.

edit: for the power supply I would go for the 750 model too. It´s almost the same price... and you never know when you are going to buy a 2080 ti hahahaha

nles

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Oct 1, 2019
looks good. I have the 5700 xt and runs quite well when it works, because I have black screen issues from time to time.

Why not the gigabyte x570? I have one and it works perfectly fine, very cool board temp wise. The only problem I have is that it doesnt work well with the noctuas nfa 12x25 and sometimes the board doesn´t make them spin in pwm mode, so I have to use them on voltage mode.... but it´s not a great deal, because they still go as low as 850 rpm if I want.

If not mistaken Gigabyte x570 might have clearance issue with c14s
Function wise, I dont think I need the extra things that comes with x570, and I kinda not like the extra moving part which is the chipset fan
Aesthetic wise, not really appealing to me as well compare to what Asus offer, too bad can't get asus amd itx board here.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I have almost the same build. The Asus b450i is great, trident z works fine (but needed more voltage for xmp and can't be overclocked). The c14s works great on the 3700x, but an undervolt is needed. Otherwise the fan ramps up even with launching Google due to the high stock voltages. Now it works inaudible, even while gaming (30-40% fan speed).

nles

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Oct 1, 2019
I have almost the same build. The Asus b450i is great, trident z works fine (but needed more voltage for xmp and can't be overclocked). The c14s works great on the 3700x, but an undervolt is needed. Otherwise the fan ramps up even with launching Google due to the high stock voltages. Now it works inaudible, even while gaming (30-40% fan speed).

I'm aiming for gigabyte b450i, malaysia asus dont bring in itx board for amd.

If I want a more silent pc I should go for ryzen 3600?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I'm aiming for gigabyte b450i, malaysia asus dont bring in itx board for amd.

If I want a more silent pc I should go for ryzen 3600?
I like a bit more future proofing so I went with the 3700x, but the 3600 is fine too. My 3700x is inaudible, even while gaming, since I undervolted + custom fan curve. So with a c14s, you don't need to worry about sound.
Why the gigabyte? If you can, get the msi if the Asus isn't available. The gigabyte is okay, but not great for anything higher than the 3700x.