Pink Planet Express

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
I have updated my part-list. I'm thinking of replacing the Noctua 120mm fan on the heat-sink with the Corsair high performance sp 120 PWM and spray painting the colored ring pink so that it matches the rest of the case. Then I'll figure out what to do with the extra fan.

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
I remeasured the case dimensions and I think I am able to fit a Noctua C14S CPU Cooler so I am buying that one instead.

I also decided to drop the extra fan, vinyl and paint. I might buy one more fan in the future. Turns out that I couldn't find a cheap i7-7700k from a retailer I liked, so it ended up costing 10$ more than expected which is not too bad. Seems like the launch of Rysen didn't reduce the prices at all in the stores I like so that's a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: LocoMoto and Phuncz

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
I had to return the CPU cooler. I didn't realize the Power supply would fall on top of the CPU. I am now looking for a liquid CPU cooler but I don't know where to put it.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You could go the AC-DC + DC-DC route perhaps if you want to keep using air-cooling. Or get an AIO water-cooling system and keep the PSU.

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
You could go the AC-DC + DC-DC route perhaps if you want to keep using air-cooling. Or get an AIO water-cooling system and keep the PSU.
I got corsairs H75 (Should be 25mm). It's going to be tight but If it doesn't go in I'll apply some force on the metal of the case to make it fit between the GPU and the fan. I have a lot of extra room after the motherboard so I am going to attach one of the fans there and use the other one to replace the one that comes with the case. If that doesn't give me the best temps I am thinking of doing DIY and either opening holes on the case to screw the radiator from the side or gluing the radiator to the case placing it next to the motherboard where there is a lot of space thanks to the small size of the motherboard.

I left it next to the motherboard I am going to use VELCRO tape to paste it once the GPU arrives. Temperatures are nice so far but cable management is a nightmare. I'm pretty much going to have to rebuild the whole thing once the GPU arrives. I did not expect that cable management would be the hardest part.

Last edited:

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
Got the 1080ti today and finished my build today. I will be posting pictures later on. Everything fit in nicely. Custom cables are needed as cables still don't look nice enough for my taste but unfortunately it was outside the budget so for now I made it as clean as I possibly could with the cables I had available. Temperatures are nice. I have not tried to overclock the GPU yet but it runs everything fine at max specs (as expected from a 1080ti) My monitor is 2560x1080 and i overclocked it to 75hz and the 1080ti sustained a solid 75fps on the witcher 3 even with hair works on (everything maxed out). I'm still waiting for my wildlands code. Again the hardest part of building in this case was definitely cable management but I found a better liquid cooling solution (that doesn't involve water cooling pumps) thanks to the extra space next to the itx motherboard. Now all I need to buy is some display-port cables and thermal paste and I will be done. I will post the finalized build once I get a chance.

Edit: Pictures will take a bit longer since I had to return the ram (one stick was dead on arrival).

Last edited: