Picture Upload not working?

Crossfire Machines

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Hello there!
I'am trying to publish a review since last week, but inserting Images just doesnt work.
It's loading a second, jumps a rows but doesnt insert the image. I already emailed the staff, but so far I got no response.

Is this a problem on my site somehow? I tried from different computers and different picture hosts (Imgur, Google Drive, ImgBB) but its always the same :/
Can someone try it out?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hello there!
I'am trying to publish a review since last week, but inserting Images just doesnt work.
It's loading a second, jumps a rows but doesnt insert the image. I already emailed the staff, but so far I got no response.

Is this a problem on my site somehow? I tried from different computers and different picture hosts (Imgur, Google Drive, ImgBB) but its always the same :/
Can someone try it out?

The mods are aware of it. Here is my post on the feedback thread. It's just an editor issue. Workaround is to insert the BBCode manually - ImgBB gives BBCode for full images, they work. For Imgur and GDrive I'm not sure how, one thing you could try is to check your own postings and see what BBCode tags they use. Because as far as I know they're not direct image links but media embeds.

Take care however, toggling between advanced mode and WYSIWYG mode can sometimes delete your [img] links, so if you're posting a lengthy review best to edit them offline and save, use the site's post editor just to preview and review before publishing.

Well actually.. let me just try..
For Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ONvGsFRSEiewgHL0U4SL1KoALXGoBCRJ
See that id? Put it here like so [MEDIA=googledrive]1ONvGsFRSEiewgHL0U4SL1KoALXGoBCRJ[/MEDIA]

For Imgur link: https://imgur.com/ggHr9uG
BBCode is [MEDIA=imgur]ggHr9uG[/MEDIA]

Yeah that's about it.

Thanks for always posting reviews btw, @Crossfire Machines , I don't know.. I feel like the forum's gone a bit quiet lately, I'd love some more content creators like you! At this rate I might go and find some other place to satiate my internet needs..

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Imgur can also generate direct image links, just click the menu button for your image, select "get share links" or some such, and it'll give you options for straight URL, HTML, BBcode, and something else. I can't stand the imgur gallery embed thing, so I always use this.

In general, though, just add
Code:
[img]. . . [/img]
around any image URL and you're golden. But keep image size in mind, as loading a thread with lots of multi-MB images is a hassle.

Reactions: Crossfire Machines

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
It's been a while that I use Imgur, they broke something and never worked again in this forum since last year, but maybe it's me using a anonymous account. We'll try that again...

whoa it does work now. Single image banzai!

Crossfire Machines

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
The mods are aware of it. Here is my post on the feedback thread. It's just an editor issue. Workaround is to insert the BBCode manually - ImgBB gives BBCode for full images, they work. For Imgur and GDrive I'm not sure how, one thing you could try is to check your own postings and see what BBCode tags they use. Because as far as I know they're not direct image links but media embeds.

Take care however, toggling between advanced mode and WYSIWYG mode can sometimes delete your [img] links, so if you're posting a lengthy review best to edit them offline and save, use the site's post editor just to preview and review before publishing.

Well actually.. let me just try..
For Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ONvGsFRSEiewgHL0U4SL1KoALXGoBCRJ
See that id? Put it here like so [MEDIA=googledrive]1ONvGsFRSEiewgHL0U4SL1KoALXGoBCRJ[/MEDIA]

For Imgur link: https://imgur.com/ggHr9uG
BBCode is [MEDIA=imgur]ggHr9uG[/MEDIA]

Yeah that's about it.

Thanks for always posting reviews btw, @Crossfire Machines , I don't know.. I feel like the forum's gone a bit quiet lately, I'd love some more content creators like you! At this rate I might go and find some other place to satiate my internet needs..

Thanks! I'am away a few days, maybe its fixed in the meanwhile. Otherwise I will use your workaround, thank you! :)

Any forum is getting a bit quiet, I feel like the big "forum-age" is soon to be over :/

That easteregg tho

Crossfire Machines

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Imgur can also generate direct image links, just click the menu button for your image, select "get share links" or some such, and it'll give you options for straight URL, HTML, BBcode, and something else. I can't stand the imgur gallery embed thing, so I always use this.

Code:
[img]. . . [/img]
around any image URL and you're golden. But keep image size in mind, as loading a thread with lots of multi-MB images is a hassle.

I will try that too, thanks!

Fleurrose

Case Bender
New User
Dec 13, 2019

Code:
[img]. . . [/img]
usa today protonmail
it's not working for me

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
it's not working for me
What isn't working? Imgur's autogenerated share links or general image embeds using BBcode? If using the latter, make sure your image links are direct links to the .jpg/.png/.gif/whatever. Lots of image hosting services don't give out direct image URLs without some coaxing.

For Imgur, for example, using the autogenerated BBcode share link results in the following code:
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/kVoUo2j.jpg[/img]
Which the forum displays as the following:

If you on the other hand copy the non-BBcode "Share link" - which is not a direct image link but rather a link to a web page holding the picture - and add your own , you'd get this:
Code:
[img]https://imgur.com/kVoUo2j[/img]
Which, as you can see, won't work:

You can still paste the above link into your browser and find the image, but embedding requires a direct image link.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
The link above still works, but you need to paste it as media instead of image.

Then the url now becomes
Code:
[MEDIA=imgur]kVoUo2j[/MEDIA]

Et voila

Reactions: Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
The link above still works, but you need to paste it as media instead of image.

Then the url now becomes
Code:
[MEDIA=imgur]kVoUo2j[/MEDIA]

Et voila

Though then you're stuck with the (IMO) terrible Imgur embed nonsense.