Phanteks Evolv Shift X Alternative?

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2019
Hey guys,

What would you recommend as an alternative case with a similar style/shape/size to the Evolv Shift X? If any at all are around?

Or a nice small desk sized SFF, maybe sandwich style with the mobo and GPU on either side facing outwards for airflow thru sides?

The build I'm going for is a Ryzen 7 2700X with an AIO liquid cooler and a Radeon VII. No overclocking, or custom loops etc, just all stock.

I have a feeling I might run into heat/airflow issues with this setup in a Shift X?

Hard to find any info of people with a similar hardware selection that hasn't overclocked or done a custom loop. Also this is my first build in 15 years lol

Thanks ?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I have an Evolve Shift in my closet waiting for when I rebuild my living room VR PC. It's a nice case, but it's very, very unique. I can't think of any off hand cases that match that design.

For a small desk SFF there are a lot of options. The two that come to mind, if you want an AIO and Radeon VII, are the NCASE M1 and Cerberus and the yet to be produced Dan C4-SFX. If you drop the AIO requirement, then the Dan A4-SFX would be good, as well as the variants from that design. If you drop both the AIO and Radeon VII requirements the CCD MI-6 would work.

Reactions: Dazr87

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2019
I have an Evolve Shift in my closet waiting for when I rebuild my living room VR PC. It's a nice case, but it's very, very unique. I can't think of any off hand cases that match that design.

For a small desk SFF there are a lot of options. The two that come to mind, if you want an AIO and Radeon VII, are the NCASE M1 and Cerberus and the yet to be produced Dan C4-SFX. If you drop the AIO requirement, then the Dan A4-SFX would be good, as well as the variants from that design. If you drop both the AIO and Radeon VII requirements the CCD MI-6 would work.
I'm hoping to use the Shift X, there's really nothing else like it, but if I run into too many issues, I think I'll swap to the Dan case.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Mechanic Master has their T12 and T12-G (tempered glass version) seemingly on pre-order. If you are interested, contact them, I suppose.

Reactions: Dazr87

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2019
Mechanic Master has their T12 and T12-G (tempered glass version) seemingly on pre-order. If you are interested, contact them, I suppose.

I think I'm actually gonna go for either the DAN A4 or the Nuovolo Steck. Still undecided lol