OPTIPLEX 9020 and Nivdia Tesla K80

Hello I am a photographer and videographer from the U.K./Ireland.
I have a 32 GB i7 Optiplex and I have bought a Tesla K80 to upgrade.
I am aware that only Low profile hard drives will usually work.
I am still interested in finding a work around to use the K80 as it is a very
powerful GPU.

Could anyone suggest how to increase power to 300W for the GPU?

and enable above 4K Decoding?

It's a tough thing to do but I thought I'd ask.

I intend on connecting it externally with 2 fans to cool it.

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! I can recommend posting your question in https://smallformfactor.net/forum/category/hardware/ with a Power Supply tag, so it gets noticed by more people.

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
What is the exact model of the Dell?
Are you on the latest bios?
Do you know how to do a Bios Update?
If you use an external dock, that supplies power, you can have a separate power supply with more wattage for the card, and the case p.s. can remain.
Separate dock

You most likely have a 4th Gen Intel processor and this was before NVME, so your particular machine probably has no slots of this type. I doubt even a new bios update will
have above 4K.
It is "really" critical to know the exact model as there are SFF versions, and larger versions, of the 9020.
Here is a link to a power supply conversion but the machine must have an ATX style PS versus the proprietary Flex ATX PS that is in the SFF versions of the 9020.
PS CONVERSION It is critical that you get the right PS for the conversion and not go above 550 watt. Moddyi makes the best cable conversion. I have done two conversions.

Reactions: Phuncz