Advice Optimum Tech - Ncase M1 Dual Radiator Clone with available parts

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
Hi SFF,

i really love optimum techs Dual Radiator Ncase M1 setup and wrote some of the parts as description but the big problem is that most of his parts are not available in EU Stores :(

Does someone has a similar build where the parts are available?

My Ncase is on the way to the EU and should arrive in about 2 - 3 Weeks, would be perfect to have the liquid cooling stuff at the same time :)

Reactions: Phuncz

bntjah

Cable Smoosher
Feb 1, 2019
I am sitting in the EU same as you I think, but I managed to order all parts like the XSPC and PE240 without much hassle.
Only thing I did differently is go for the ICEMAN RES/Pump Combo and a different cpu block so I'm currently waiting on this.

But I can say that the XSPC rad is pretty available within EU; all though I had to have mine backordered but in the end took a week or 2 and it was sitting in my lap ;-)

I will send you a pm where I found mine as I'm not to sure how SFF.Network is about linking to other sites

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
Hey!

Mission Statement:
Links are allowed without referral codes :)

My biggest problem is the "Apogee Drive II" Pump, because its like impossible to get it.
I dont know if i can take an other pump like the Eisbaer LT for this project or jump to an AIO Pump-Kit.
Optimum Tech was talking about the Eisbaer LT pump but wouldn´t recommend it because of the much weaker pump.

Optimum Tech Setup:

+ available / - not tright now

Pump:
- Apogee Drive II

primary radiator:
+ 1x EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream PE 240 ( 38mm high - not the classic)
+ 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM

secondary radiator:
+ XSPC TX240 Ultrathin Radiator (available in the netherlands)
+ 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax

Fittings:
~ Alphacool ( he is using softtube fittigs, thanks wallsofjericho)

Tube:
+ EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 16,1/11,1mm (EAN 3830046999306)

Last edited:

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
I looked at it and i dont like the external reservoir/pump.

Dont get me wrong, its not a dealbreaker for me but this would be my last option :S
I choose the Ncase M1 against the Dan Case and the Ghost S1 because i dont want to extend the case and having a cool and silent pc :)

Are there more options for custom loops available?

Can anyone say something about:

+ BARROWCH Für INTEL ,AMD AM3 AM4,X99 X299 Plattform, CPU Wasser Block Combo 17W PWM Pumpe Mit Temperatur Bildschirm FBLTPRK-04 (Link to Aliexpress)

?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looks like a good option but no one is sure how tall the block for the fittings and how much room will be left.

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
Maybe i shouldn´t get it as beginner :S

The longer i look and think about the Iceman pump/reservoir the more i like it ;-)

I started browsing the web for a silent pump and there are a few out there but can you recommend a silent and strong pump?

wallsofjericho

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2020
+ Alphacool 17385 HT 16mm HardTube ( i am not 100% sure if he used that type)
- Alphacool 17368 Quick Connect ( EAN 4250197173681 - i am not 100% sure if he used that type)

Tube:
+ EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 16,1/11,1mm (EAN 3830046999306)

Don't even think about hardtube fittings for softtubes. You will need compression fittings matching your softtube outer and inner diameter.

Better learn about watercooling basics before buying custom loop parts blind.

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
Thank you wallsofjericho,
i have to figure out now, what fittings and tubes fits best to the Ncase Dual Radiator with the Iceman setup and how much of it i have to order :)

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Has anyone advice for where is best in the uk for fittings? Also on his video he has installed ( filler ) fittings ? to make it a little less stressful filling it .

This is my first custom loop, have currently got the rads, and iceman , holding off on waterblocks as i think i might upgrade my 2080ti to the 3000 Series.

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
I looked at it and i dont like the external reservoir/pump.

Dont get me wrong, its not a dealbreaker for me but this would be my last option :S
I choose the Ncase M1 against the Dan Case and the Ghost S1 because i dont want to extend the case and having a cool and silent pc :)

Are there more options for custom loops available?

Can anyone say something about:

+ BARROWCH Für INTEL ,AMD AM3 AM4,X99 X299 Plattform, CPU Wasser Block Combo 17W PWM Pumpe Mit Temperatur Bildschirm FBLTPRK-04 (Link to Aliexpress)

?
I am planning on building almost the same build. I decide to go with Iceman instead of Barrowch for few reasons. Didn't see much review of Barrowch so not sure if it is a good one. Iceman seems much easier to build and I could use whatever CPU water block I want.

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
Hey wzhalex,

i changed my mind and took the iceman from aliexpress.
Now i am waiting for shipping right now and in the meantime i am looking for the CPU water block, pump and the fittings.

Which components are on your wishlist?

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
Hey wzhalex,

i changed my mind and took the iceman from aliexpress.
Now i am waiting for shipping right now and in the meantime i am looking for the CPU water block, pump and the fittings.

Which components are on your wishlist?
I am thinking about Heatkiller or Optimus for the CPU waterblock. I bought the Iceman with their P5 pump, they said that the P5 pump is quieter and its also enough for two 240 rads so I didn't go for the DDC version. Fittings I bought some EK compression fittings and koolance quick disconnect fitting.
I am waiting for the Nvidia 3000 series or AMD's new GPU, don't know how long will that takes lol

bntjah

Cable Smoosher
Feb 1, 2019
I am thinking about Heatkiller or Optimus for the CPU waterblock. I bought the Iceman with their P5 pump, they said that the P5 pump is quieter and its also enough for two 240 rads so I didn't go for the DDC version. Fittings I bought some EK compression fittings and koolance quick disconnect fitting.
I am waiting for the Nvidia 3000 series or AMD's new GPU, don't know how long will that takes lol

I went with the Optimus (still waiting on it) and Alphacool fittings (trying to stick to what Ali used as close as possible) but went with Iceman Pump / Res combo for easier filling... But currently waiting on everything to arrive. But Optimus seems to be the longest wait of all but I'm hoping its worth it...

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
I went with the Optimus (still waiting on it) and Alphacool fittings (trying to stick to what Ali used as close as possible) but went with Iceman Pump / Res combo for easier filling... But currently waiting on everything to arrive. But Optimus seems to be the longest wait of all but I'm hoping its worth it...
How long is the wait for Optimus? Which CPU and GPU are you plan to use?

bntjah

Cable Smoosher
Feb 1, 2019
How long is the wait for Optimus? Which CPU and GPU are you plan to use?

I am currently waiting since 1th of July 2020 and last info I got from Matt was that they were trying to get my order out somewhere this week... *Fingers crossed*
Plan on using it with 3900x and Nvidia 2070 (waiting for Ampere reviews before actually buying one)

bntjah

Cable Smoosher
Feb 1, 2019
Hey Egoisst,

Sure, do note that Watercooling is pretty new to me as well. So I have a bunch of extra fittings ordered just in case I needed them.

- EKWB ZMT 16/10
- XPSC TX240
- EKWB PE240
- 2x Noctua AF12x25
- 2x Noctua AF12x15
- EKWB Vector RTX (Might need to take off some plastic to make it actually fit, source: )
- Optimus AM4 Waterblock
- Iceman Res / Pump Combo
- Pslate custom cables
- Pslate Antivandal switch (wanting to test testing if this would work as I liked how it looked)

Fittings wise:
- 1x Alphacool 2way Ball Valve
- 8x Alphacool Eiszapfen 16/10 Compresssion Fitting 90° Rotatable
- 2x Six Pack Alphacool Eiszapfen 16/10 Compression fitting
- 3x Alphacool Eiszapfen Double Nippel Rotable G1/4 outer thread to G1/4 outer thread (for use with ball valve to act as a drain pipe on iceman res)
- 2x Alphacool Eiszapfen 20MM G1/4 outer thread to G1/4 inner thread
- 2x Alphacool Eiszapfen 10MM G1/4 outer thread to G1/4 inner thread
- 2x Alphacool Eiszapfen 45°
- 6x Alphacool Eiszapfen 90° Connection (might need to use these to get the XPSC a bith away from the power button, and might use one on the waterblock to go to a 45° for a bith of lower clearance of tubing to res)

So once the Optimus Waterblock is in I'm pretty much going to be puzzling my build together for a few days but this is pretty much what I have currently laying around waiting to be installed. So don't take this for the truth or follow this blindly as stated I'm completely new to watercooling my self (dabbled with aio's before). And got inspired by Ali (Optimum Tech) to upscale my DAN A4v3 as I took a gamble putting my 3900x in it and well lets just say its pretty toasty with current tropical temps in Europe...

But as stated this is pretty much how I have planned it and if somebody spots something I have missed do let me know so I can order it before I begin puzzling this in... :-)

Reactions: christyles

egoisst

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 6, 2020
Thank you,

why do you prefer Optimus over EKs Quantum Velocity?

Is the Optimus much better?