Completed one of a kind ~ full mesh sff tower ~ 11.9L ~ 280CLC ~ no riser

jabcoebi

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
www.reddit.com
Hi, made another case using makerbeam extrusions, this time I enclosed everything in mesh panels and used slotted mini DIN rail to attach the components. Mesh panel and DIN rail is gripped inside the extrusion grooves and tightened by the corner cubes. Extrusions are standard length and tapped at both ends, had to cut the mesh and the DIN rail to size and also make a custom power cable because I used a SFX-L PSU instead of SFX. Components layout is similar to the NCase M1 but made to sit vertical like NZXT H1. Thanks for reading, photo gallery here:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
That is indeed one of a kind!

Where's the power button again? On your imgur album it's mentioned somewhere at the bottom right corner, but I couldn't see it.

jabcoebi

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
www.reddit.com
That is indeed one of a kind!

Where's the power button again? On your imgur album it's mentioned somewhere at the bottom right corner, but I couldn't see it.

Power button is at the base of the PCI-E bracket, just a small black PTM button.

Reactions: ignsvn

Krimson

What's an ITX?
New User
May 6, 2019
Can you link the L bracket you have used. also any other ones we cannot see in the photos.

jabcoebi

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
www.reddit.com
Why didn't you shave the frame a bit instead of bending the DIN rail?
Because the rails are meant to be modular and be moved alongside the extrusions like on the Streacom DA2, If I shaved the extrusion then the rails will have a fixed position and prevent me from upgrading the chassis in the future. Also, the extrusions are more expensive than the rail and if I modify them they will be stuck for this frame only.

By modifying the rails I basically have a fully modular 300x200x150 mm bounding enclosure.