OMNI [Ncase M1]

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 8, 2019
Fellow SFF enthousiasts, I've currently got a Ncase m1 build up and running but I'm everything but happy with the temps and noise. Think it is helpful to share the current specs of my system:
Image Placeholder....

Reactions: CountNoctua

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 8, 2019
Like said in the initial post, I'm looking for some help and advice to improve my temps and noise. I've literally looked hours into different CPU coolers and I've come up with the following contenders to replace my Noctua C12P. So far all the information I've found is listed below. Feel free to use this thread to share crazy idea's or anything you can find. Would be awesome if we can use this thread to gather even more information regarding some specific coolers to use with the Ncase.

GOAL: Improve temps on my CPU and GPU and decrease the overal noise of the build. Not planning to OC my CPU or GPU, but I'm looking for the most powerful or best coolers available.

Air
  1. Noctua NH-C14 (non S)
    Speaks for itself, would love to have one but they are impossible to find nowadays. If you have one and are willing to sell, please hit me up.
  2. Noctua NH-C14S
    Just as good as the non S version, but it requires to mount the PSU in ATX style to make use of the 140mm fan behind the heatsink. No possibilities to put a big fat NF-A15 on top of the heatsink. But maybe with different fan configs, it might still be the best CPU cooler on air?
  3. BeQuiet Dark Rock TF
    After the C14(s) it's the strongest air cooler you can get, but I keep reading issues with mounting. I've confirmed that someone has installed the cooler on an Asus X470-I, but the heatpipes push (slightly) against the ram module, meaning this will happen with my B450 as well.
  4. BeQuiet Shadow Rock TF2
    Surprised I haven't seen a single build with this cooler? Looks quite promising with performance on par with the C14. Room to put the NF-A15 on top of it to improve performance even more - or use the similar famous setup people use with the C14, but without a fan behind the heatsink.
  5. Scythe Kabuto 2
    Not a lot of information available, but It actually looks like a solid cooler. Either use the NF-A15, or double 120mm fan combo. Might be possible to mount a low profile fan behind the heatsink?
  6. Scythe Kabuto 3
    Not a lot of information available, but It actually looks like a solid cooler. Either use the NF-A15, or double 120mm fan combo.
    Builds: Gingitsune, ...

Water (AIO / CLC)
  1. NZXT Kraken X52 - or similar 240mm AIO
    All problems solved, but I would like to avoid this unless nothing else is possible.
  2. NZXT Kraken X42
    This is going to be a dick to install, but based on the dimensions of the radiator it should fit. Just requires some mount brackets or something. I would love to try this out, but it's going to be an expensive joke if it does not work out. The infinity mirror thing on the pump looks gorgeous...
  3. NZXT Kraken M22
    Again, would look so pretty but the performance is sub par. However, how would a push pull config with some Noctua NF-A12x25 (or similar) perform?
  4. THICK 120mm AIO
    These used to be more popular a few years back, can't really find any other than the Corsair H80i (with a single fan).