GPU nVidia Quadro K1200 question

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with this card and its capabilities as I am having a hard time finding good information on it. I have a lone industries L1 I'm trying to figure out a build for and this card seems like a perfect fit. Ideally I'd be using the PC to do video editing, some CAD work (Solidworks or Inventor) as well as driving my CNC's CAM software. Will this card handle the load comfortably or is it an undershoot. Alternatively, would I be better off using a consumer card in place of the K1200? I don't plan to game on this unit at all. Cheers.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah I've watched that already. While I appreciate TekEverything's effort in providing a thorough review, I guess I expected something more along the lines of a compare and contrast review like you'd see with a consumer card. More than anything I guess I was curious as to how it compares to the Firepro W4300 which seems to occupy the same niche and form factor. I've since realized that AMD is on the brink of releasing the Radeon Pro W4100 which is a Polaris based card, again in the single slot SFF configuration. Given this architecture is years newer than Kepler, I think I'll just hold out for that. The compute power looks to be at least double that (in TFlops) when compared to the K1200. Also it'll probably have the same pretty blue shroud that the other Radeon Pro GPUs seem to have : )

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
The K1200 is based on Maxwell 1st gen, IIRC.

I'm actually getting a new system at work with the K1200, which is likely a bit overkill for 3D work in AutoCAD, but 3D models absolutely bring the FireProV3900 on the Core2Quad CPU that I'm currently running to it's knees... The current system is being replaced as the system fan (which is also the CPU fan) is making noises that may indicate an imminent failure and the only way to replace the fan is to remove the CPU cooler (Dell Optiplex).