NVIDIA has announced the RTX A2000; a low-profile professional workstation GPU measuring in at only 2.7" in height and 6.6" in length. That would be 68.58mm height and 167.64mm for those on the Metric system.

The RTX A2000 comes with 3,328 CUDA cores and 6GB of GDDR6 on a 192-bit bus. Single-precision TFLOPS are listed as 8.0, RT performance at 15.6 TFLOPS, and Tensor performance at 63.9 TFLOPS. Power consumption is 70 watts, and it's cooled with a 2-slot blower style fan.

Additional features include four Mini DisplayPort 1.4A connections, AV1 decode support, and acceleration of AI based tools in programs such as Adobe Photoshop. As this is a professional workstation based GPU, no gaming performance was provided.

Here is a link to the RTX A2000 main page, and here is a link to the product information datasheet.

(Image via Nvidia)

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Talking about cooling and noise. I'm trying to find out if cooling this card with an aftermarket 80mm fan is possible like it is with the non-blower low profile cards. Is the shroud easy to take off, and if so, are you willing to show us the insides of the cooling solution?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Talking about cooling and noise. I'm trying to find out if cooling this card with an aftermarket 80mm fan is possible like it is with the non-blower low profile cards. Is the shroud easy to take off, and if so, are you willing to show us the insides of the cooling solution?
Your wish is my command.

Interesting points:
  • Only two screws to keep the heatsink attached to the board.
  • Aluminium fin stack
  • 1gb mem modules
  • Stock thermal paste is rubbish and dried out (I put some noctua NT-H1 and idle temps dropped from ~35c to ~30c
  • 2mm thick thermal pads are likely why mining temps are high. I didn't have any 2mm decent pads so didn't change them

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Your wish is my command.

Interesting points:
  • Only two screws to keep the heatsink attached to the board.
  • Aluminium fin stack
  • 1gb mem modules
  • Stock thermal paste is rubbish and dried out (I put some noctua NT-H1 and idle temps dropped from ~35c to ~30c
  • 2mm thick thermal pads are likely why mining temps are high. I didn't have any 2mm decent pads so didn't change them

Awesome, thank you!! Interesting to see such a big chip on a low profile card. If chips like this physically fit, they should be able to make this into a 120-150W card if they added a power connector and spend some more care on a better cooling solution than just a block of aluminium with some skived fins. One can dream, right?!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Awesome, thank you!! Interesting to see such a big chip on a low profile card. If chips like this physically fit, they should be able to make this into a 120-150W card if they added a power connector and spend some more care on a better cooling solution than just a block of aluminium with some skived fins. One can dream, right?!

Yeah its a big old chip, I guess not needing to ballance the power supply from PCIE vs the 6/8 pin power sockets reduces complexity. It should be pretty easy to build a decent cooler for it. I wonder if a little waterblock would fit :D

Scott

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2016
I'm curious where people were able to pre-order this from and if they have come in yet. I put in a pre-order in later September at ShopBLT and was something around #90 in the queue and haven't gotten it yet. Not sure about their reputation, but they allow for cancelations, so at least I'm not stuck with the charge. Checked today out of curiosity and there are over 9000 (lol) pending pre-orders for the thing. They aren't even popping up on e-bay, so it seems like almost no one has gotten them.