50 Inch TV on top of the prototype? Your really taking structural integrity serious. May I ask, how will you be using this case?
According to wikipedia, the typical melting point for common soldering alloys is between 180°-190° C, so with GPUs shutting down at 100°C internal temperature, and the exhaust air being quite a bit colder, you'll be in the green.
50 Inch TV on top of the prototype? Your really taking structural integrity serious. May I ask, how will you be using this case?
In that case, the coast is clear! I still don't really want power button or front IO PCB boards blocking the exhaust holes, but I can do it if there are no other options.
Personally, I'll be using this case in my room with my monitor on top of it. However, I know that quite a few people will want to use this as a HTPC, so I want it to be able to hold some weight on top of it so people can pile audiophile equipment and monitors on it to save space.
Shhhhhh. I think the coast is clear, let's go.
Yeah better make extra sure for it to hold up. I do think that the way the case is designed will really help its structural integrity though.
Well done, very thorough !
If the differences are indeed relatively minor, I'd also prefer less holes. Price-wise and aesthetically a better choice in my opinion.
In the end if a CPU is 75°C or 80°C at the same load and same noise, it won't matter much. Considering you're running with a seriously overclocked Devil's Canyon (albeit AIO-cooled) I'd say it's a good design for the targeted hardware.
Right now, the case feet is about 8mm tall. I want to figure out exactly how tall the case feet needs to be to achieve the same level of cooling as the raised setups.
Wow, the space efficiency for those configurations is very impressive.
There are 3.5" HDDs with 8TB of storage and 2.5" HDDs with 2TB, mSATA SSDs are available with 1TB.
3*8TB+2*2TB+1TB = 29TB of storage. If you need more than that, you'd've already invested in an NAS.
If that thing is 7mm high, you could cram 3-4 of those into a 3.5" enclosure with an inline RAID controller and get a 3.5" 12-16TB SSD. U.2 is direly needed for drives like that though.