Discussion Quest to find the best aircooling case without going too big

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 19, 2018
Currently rocking an N-case M1 with C14S cooler. It's adequate for my 9900k and I can OC it to 4.7 ghz. But I do feel the exhaust heat and it gets hot under intensive gaming.

I am debating on moving to NR200 once a reiteration comes out. Question: NR200 should be noticeably better at air cooling performance due to its top exhaust fans, right?

Then OptimumTech showed that Jonsplus i100 Pro has even better cooling than NR200...but the size is approaching MFFPC territory (24L+)...at that point, may as well as go Meshify C Mini (33 Liters). Decisions, decisions...

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019

This I like a lot for air cooling. It would be my first choice.

Reactions: jaeparku

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 19, 2018

This I like a lot for air cooling. It would be my first choice.
I was considering the S620.

Two main issues are this for me: (1) the cutout for ventilation doesn't go all the way down like Ncase does. (2) I dislike powdered coat metal, and much prefer aluminum.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Currently rocking an N-case M1 with C14S cooler. It's adequate for my 9900k and I can OC it to 4.7 ghz. But I do feel the exhaust heat and it gets hot under intensive gaming.

I am debating on moving to NR200 once a reiteration comes out. Question: NR200 should be noticeably better at air cooling performance due to its top exhaust fans, right?

Then OptimumTech showed that Jonsplus i100 Pro has even better cooling than NR200...but the size is approaching MFFPC territory (24L+)...at that point, may as well as go Meshify C Mini (33 Liters). Decisions, decisions...

It is good that you feel the warm exhaust, that means that the case ventilation is working. I wouldn't worry for temps in gaming workload, you should leave everything as it is.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
If you can appreciate the styling the Custom_Mod R-Cube is a great choice, only 12-ish liters and a pretty small footprint. while still being able to fit up to a 170mm air cooler and a 55mm thick(2.75 slot) full size GPU.