Image Credit – Not From Concentrate
Not From Concentrate, seen above slowly turning into Albus Dumbledore , has designed a very nice looking 3D printable case that users at home can make. Called the NFC-4TF, and looking more akin to a nice speaker than a computer case, the case is designed around an ITX board and low-profile GPUs. All you need is a good 3D printer and diode laser. Check out his video below.

Continue reading...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I watched that, cool PC but what is up with that beard?
Maybe Josh is training up for being in a ZZ top cover band?
It's an interesting and creative design, the BOM discussion seemed a bit disparate as he said it could be made inexpensively if you were a maker whi happened to have the right materials in stock, but buying it all from scratch would cost nearly $300...
That said I really appreciate the NFC design language, ethos and philosophy.
The S4T is probably the most appealing product to me currently
A YT video from NFC is always a treat

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
It's an interesting and creative design, the BOM discussion seemed a bit disparate as he said it could be made inexpensively if you were a maker whi happened to have the right materials in stock, but buying it all from scratch would cost nearly $300...

exactly my first thought... but then I had a closer look at the BOM and CAD files... if you just go for acrylic (no fancy wood & paint) and order the panels from some manufacturing service like SendCutSend it's about $70-80 for the laser cut parts, plus the 3D printed frame stuff which you could do at home if you have a 3D printer...

1683373403264.png

of course it will get more expensive if you add "premium" materials like wood or metal but I think you could get it made *starting from* around $150

anyway, it's really nice to see that more case makers share their designs and ideas for the DIY community free of charge...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Thanks for that detailed analysis @REVOCCASES, it's good to see that it could be made for lot less with careful planning and your own materials.
I did forget to mention that the screws listed were for a bag of 100, which will be plenty!
I'd be interested to see it with metal front and rear panels for example

Reactions: Revenant