Cooling Noctua NH-P1 passive cooler. To have or not to have?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
And, adding that side fan does 'ruin' the system's passivity. But, on the other hand, even without that side fan, the system is still not
100% fanless or passive because the Asus Z590I Gaming has a little VRM fan inside the IO enclosure. When he comments on the VRM temp, that Hwinfo shows the little fan is 1700rpm.

Nice catch there ! I have the Z490 version and the fan is OFF under regular use (chassis airflow). Can't remember if it's possible to completely disable that fan as it was possible on the Gryphon motherboards.

Lastly, I wish he would comment on the M.2 SSD temp. His setup (with or without the side fan), the M.2 SSD might have a chance of thermal issue. But, perhaps the low ambient temp (22.5C) might just save the day.

I'd be interested too. With my current 30C ambient it'd be quite a challenge.

I think he is a little whimpy to choose an i5 11400. The NH-P1 could handle a stronger CPU.

I was considering it for my i9-10900T, but ambient room temperature is too high during summer in my appartment (could have chassis fans for that though). This should fit nicely inside a Sliger S620 ;)