Cooling Noctua NH-L12S

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 3, 2017
Anyone know about the results/performance that this cooler provides?

I was planning to do a mAtx backpack computer and this was the chosen one for my weird setup as the case have a width of 100mm.

One of the things that most impressed me it´s the 140W Tdp rated for 2066 socket and the current weight of the cooler as it´s roughtly the same as the super compact NH-L9a!!

For know, aside from a few reviews that are not super explained or made comparison with other coolers i found a super helpful site for reviewing heatsinks and other components:

http://greentechreviews.ru/2017/10/23/obzor-processornogo-kulera-noctua-nh-l12s/3/

(It´s in russian btw, so google translator ftw)

I´ve compared the cooler aside to much taller and bigger coolers as the Be quiet! Pure Rock and wtf? Both perform almost the same.

This means that if they are reliable results it´s possible to run an 8700k middly oc/undervolted or even bigger things like i9 7900x!

Reactions: Wordsworth

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 3, 2017
I can't speak for it personally, but John used it in the Asrock X299E-ITX review with a 7800X (140W). Thermal results can be found here. I'd be on the look out for a full review soon!

Such an extensive review! I didn´t read it before!

So far so good it seems, maybe i can order this noctua from a friend who does hardware reviews tomorrow.

i´ll wait for the full review in sff though.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Anyone know about the results/performance that this cooler provides?

I was planning to do a mAtx backpack computer and this was the chosen one for my weird setup as the case have a width of 100mm.

One of the things that most impressed me it´s the 140W Tdp rated for 2066 socket and the current weight of the cooler as it´s roughtly the same as the super compact NH-L9a!!

For know, aside from a few reviews that are not super explained or made comparison with other coolers i found a super helpful site for reviewing heatsinks and other components:

http://greentechreviews.ru/2017/10/23/obzor-processornogo-kulera-noctua-nh-l12s/3/

(It´s in russian btw, so google translator ftw)

I´ve compared the cooler aside to much taller and bigger coolers as the Be quiet! Pure Rock and wtf? Both perform almost the same.

This means that if they are reliable results it´s possible to run an 8700k middly oc/undervolted or even bigger things like i9 7900x!

About equal to a Big Shuriken 2 by most metrics/reviews.

Vs Big Shuriken 2, NH-L12S offers much better clearance if you have the extra space, better quality fan, better mounting solution, better warranty.

Reactions: cmyk78 and Raxe