Noctua C14 best configuration?

forester

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
I have a Noctua C14 arriving (not S) and it is to replace an AIO which quit working.

I already have an Accelero III in the bottom of the case with 2x120mm exhausts.

Which fans should I order? Use one of the included 140mm on top, and order a slim 120mm for below the heatsink? Would this require the SFF PSU to be re-orientated?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The usual fan setup with the C14 was 2 x 120mm fans mounted on the fan bracket set as intake. No need for a fan below the heatsink or moving the PSU.

What fans are you using with the Accelero?

Reactions: JaPeMo

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
Exhaust - as far as I remember it was hard to fit thicker 92x 25mm exhaust fan but possible. Then as for C14 then a fan on the back of it 12mm x 25mm , and the front fan has to be mounted on a panel which screws on the chasis, that panel mount supports two fans. Basically outer fan of the heatsink doesn't have to be directly mounted onto it. And then two bottom fans to as intake for GPU, well and make it not sag. If you feel that space is restricted bottom fan can be taken off from heatsink, that would leave the gap - space in between the cpu and heatsink. That huge ass hexagon or octa angle fan which come with cooler is useless, those two are two big and don't have PWM controllers in built

Exal

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2019
Rear Exhaust - EDIT sry didn't see the Not S part, could not fit 92mm with a C14S on a ryzen 5. But don't know with a C14

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Your best bet would be to acquire four (4) Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans...

Two on the side bracket set as intake, wired to the CPU fan header...

Two on the Accelero set as exhaust, wired to the GPU fan header...

Try to fit either the NF-A9 PWM or the NF-A9x14 PWM on the rear set to intake & wired to the Chassis fan header...

Let positive pressure take care of the rest...?

Reactions: rfarmer