nm-am4-l9al9i mounting kit & skyreach

calvinpp

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 9, 2017
Not sure if anyone has attempted this but does the Noctua nm-am4-l9al9i mounting kit for the Nh-L9i fit inside the skyreach? I've got the L9i and when I purchase the Skyreach I am considering going AMD but want to keep the fan instead of buying another one.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Yes of course it fits. It just replaces the retention part under the heatsink so no tolerances changed.

What do you mean by keeping the fan?

scott.bumps

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 27, 2017
I can say 100% everything does this was my first PC build and I was planning on a Ryzen build but messed up when I was shopping around for a good price and got the NHL9-I. The adapter kit was cheap showed up quick and came with perfect directions couldn’t have been better.

calvinpp

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 9, 2017
I meant that I could keep the NH-L9i instead of buying an AM4 specific fan. It is pretty cool of Noctua to support it in this way instead of just forcing their customers to buy the NH-L9A (i think that is the am4 model name) if they switch platforms to make double the profit.

On that note, the adaptor kit arrived toeday and it looks like it will fit easily; I was under the assumption it would add some height to the fan but that isn't the case. This gives me the flexibility to switch platforms and I'm really considering the Ryzen 2 series now.

Yes of course it fits. It just replaces the retention part under the heatsink so no tolerances changed.

What do you mean by keeping the fan?