Cooling AM4 CPU cooler upgrade kits

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
All,

I wanted to share my responses from both Noctua and Cryorig concerning the free AM4 mount kits they will send you if you have one of their compatible coolers. You need to provide some info and of course have purchased an AM4 motherboard or CPU.

Cryorig: http://www.cryorig.com/getam4.php

Noctua: http://noctua.at/en/nm-am4-mounting-kit-order-form

I sent in my info today and received these responses rather quickly.

Cryorig:

Thank you very much for contacting CRYORIG!
We have received your message for requesting the AM4 upgrade kits.
To make sure that you will be able to receive the upgrade kits as planned, please check on the submitted information below.

If there is any problem, please let us know. Last, currently we are still working on the AM4 upgrade kits but will put you in the list so that we can send over the mounting kits once we have the upgrade kits in hands. Thanks!

Well , now I know that they aren't quite ready yet at Cryorig.

Noctua:

Thank you very much for ordering our NM-AM4 SecuFirm2 mounting kit for AM4.

Please note that due to the high demand, it may take us around 7-10 days to get your kit shipped.

We will process your request as soon as possible and notify you upon shipment or if we need additional information.

Best Regards,
Your Noctua Team

You heard it here..HIGH demand according to Noctua. Ryzen is selling like hotcakes! OR another interpretation.. Insert your own blue vs red fanboy joke about all the AMD peasants lining up for the free ass mounting kit.. ;)

Eagerly awaiting free ass mounting kits.

Cheers!

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I was fearing this when I ordered my Ryzen CPU early on, so I ordered the kit through Amazon for a small fee. Ironically, I had to wait a month on the motherboard, so I had the mounting kit on time for nothing.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Aw man thats no fun...looking at new hardware that you can't mess with yet!

I was going to order the kit from Amazon as well but it has been out of stock a lot. So far the stock cooler has been fine really for regular use. However I would like to overclock a bit at some point. Also since my Noctua is a 92mm fan model im interested in how much better if at all it is over the wraith spire temp wise.
If my 1700 is a decent clocker with reasonable 24-7 v core, I'm considering going back to a corsair aio.

Harouken

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2017
Low profile AM4 cooler from Noctua available soon :3

-------------------

Dear James,

thanks for contacting Noctua!

The L9a AM4 kit will finally be ready in the second week of May. Please ask again as soon as we're there.

Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Emanuel Fankhauser
Noctua support team

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Been busy but I finally swapped the stock Wraith Spire cooler for my Noctua NH-D9L.

Across the board the Noctua cooler is both more quiet and cooler than the Wraith spire. Here are some quick numbers in my Riotor Cr280 case seen at the left. All panels on and 2x120mm intake front and 1x120mm exhaust. all set at 800rpm.

Wraith/D9L

Idle: 38/36
Ryzen Blender test : 58/54 (takes 28 sec stock clocks so not really pressing it for long)
Cinebench: 67/54 (scores 1436 stock clocks with 2933 ram freq at 14,16,16,34,69 1t.)
Gaming for about an hour 56/51

OCCT 5 min all core 100% stess test 71/64

So a bit better cooling for similar size with the D9L. Much more quiet subjectively (the stock cooler is decently quiet though)

For 55 bux the Noctua wins but at a premium for sure. The included cooler is really good and offers a great value.

Reactions: Phuncz and cmyk78

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Sweet! I thought that they were going to just put out a new low profile cooler all together for AM4. I think that is still happening but I have an L9i on my xeon.. may have to get the free kit to see what it can do.

Thanks!

Edit: filled out the form and now we wait... Cheers.

Last edited: