Power Supply New MF700F revision?

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
I recently bought a new Dianjipa MF700F aka 7760B and I noticed that the modular connectors are different from my other 7760B or even with the MF700F posted here by REVOCCASES. The 20pin connector is still shared by the 24pin ATX and 4+4pin EPS with the addition of the SATA Molex now because the 4pin modular connector is removed from the PSU. The 8pin PCI-E/GPU modular connector is also removed and replaced by a 6pin PCI-E/GPU modular connector and a new 6pin connector labeled as "CPU". The new 6pin "CPU" modular connector looks very identical with the 6pin PCI-E/GPU connector. I haven't encountered any modular PSU with a 6pin source for the 4+4pin EPS connector, so far only 4pin or 8pin modular ones. Is it safe to assume that it is indeed a second 6pin PCI-E/GPU modular connector?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
interesting! would you mind sharing some pictures of the cables that came with your unit?

Concerning the modular cables / connectors I would be very careful to use anything else than what came with the PSU. I ordered some custom SATA power cable for my unit and didn't check the pinout carefully. Long story short, that fried two of my SSDs. 🔥 💩

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
Only 2 cables came with it, 1 6PIN to 8PIN(6+2) PCI-E/GPU cable and 1 20PIN to 24PIN ATX, 4+4PIN EPS, and SATA/Molex. I've labeled them and placed their labels as to where they branch out, particularly for the 20PIN.

20PIN Cable which branches into 24PIN ATX, 4+4EPS, and SATA/Molex

20PIN cable facing up

20PIN cable facing down

6PIN Cable

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
well, that's IMHO an odd decision for the new revision... especially if they only include one 6+2 PCIe cable with the unit. also taking away the option to leave away the SATA/MOLEX cable without having to snip them off...

anyways, I would contact the seller and ask them about the missing cable and the two CPU/PCIe 6PIN outputs.

I'll also update my thread about that PSU with your info given here.

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
I'm not sure what prompted them to revise it like this but if I were to guess they might be playing it safe with regards to GPU power draw by splitting the load with 2 6PIN source for GPUs that requires 2x8PIN PCI-E power. There are some cases(not limited to Flex ATX) that when using a GPU that requires 2x8PIN and running it with a single 8PIN source (8PIN+8PIN AUX) results in display blackouts especially when playing games.

But that assumption still depends if the other 6PIN connector that is labeled "CPU" is actually for the 2nd 6PIN PCI-E

On a side note, my 7760B that ends in SN 111 is still alive and kicking, it was able to power a overclock R5 3600 + 5700XT and mined crypto 24/7 for about 4mos with almost 0 downtime.

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
I'm not sure what prompted them to revise it like this but if I were to guess they might be playing it safe with regards to GPU power draw by splitting the load with 2 6PIN source for GPUs that requires 2x8PIN PCI-E power. There are some cases(not limited to Flex ATX) that when using a GPU that requires 2x8PIN and running it with a single 8PIN source (8PIN+8PIN AUX) results in display blackouts especially when playing games.

But that assumption still depends if the other 6PIN connector that is labeled "CPU" is actually for the 2nd 6PIN PCI-E

On a side note, my 7760B that ends in SN 111 is still alive and kicking, it was able to power a overclock R5 3600 + 5700XT and mined crypto 24/7 for about 4mos with almost 0 downtime.
For context, when the "extreme cat" 7760B and Dianjipa MF700F first surfaced they had one 8PIN PCIe connector on the PSU for the daisy-chained 8+8PIN PCIe/GPU cable.

The "revised" unit which I just bought has 2x 6PIN connectors on the PSU, one labeled "CPU" and one labeled "PCI" but only came with a single 6PIN to 8PIN(6+2) PCIe power cable. I already asked the seller about the new connectors and if it is indeed for a 2nd PCIe connector, they owe me the missing cable lol.

I'll update this post with its internals so we can compare it with your MF700F internals, I'm just waiting for my heat gun as I will be replacing the stock fan with a quiet one. But just be looking at the visible caps near the modular connectors at the PSU, both seem identical also with my 7760B.

7760B internals

Reactions: scatterforce

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
Looking at the solder trace groupings, I think it's safe to safe that the new 6PIN "CPU" connector is indeed for a 2nd PCIe connector.
They owe me a 2nd 6PIN to 8PIN PCIe cable lol

6PIN solder trace grouping

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
Here are the rest of its internals, please excuse the crappy photos as I was too tired last night

Rev: 2.0
2021/07/12

Flex Control Board
ATK AT6101Z PFC Controller
Champion CM6901T6 SLS Controller

DAIN MPX Caps, note that the grounding washer is already secured now

New Jianghai cap, the smaller caps beside it are the same Chengxing caps

I think most QC issues from the unit that REVOCCASES got are already addressed

johndoerayme01

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 26, 2022
Hello, I ordered the same PSU a couple of months ago, just before CNY and it arrived today. I don’t know a lot about computers but it looks like I received the same one as you. Mine came with 2 PCI-E cables though.

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
Hello, I ordered the same PSU a couple of months ago, just before CNY and it arrived today. I don’t know a lot about computers but it looks like I received the same one as you. Mine came with 2 PCI-E cables though.

We have the same revision, I can confirm that somehow mine came with only 1 6pin to 8pin cable but probably as a mistake. The seller was kind enough to send the other one but I'm not using the stock cables. Ordered custom made ones with the length, color and material that I want to better suit my build

dummyadmn1901

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 27, 2022
I'm simply crossing my fingers that the missing cords were an oversight and the product's overall quality hasn't suffered.

I think it's a simple oversight brought by the revision changes, one of which is the change with the modular connectors. I have talked with other people who also bought this exact make and model, and all of them received the correct cables for it.

I also didn't use the PSU while waiting for the custom cables I commissioned for it, just to be safe lol