Log New COOJ MQ6 Build

mpalen19

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
Repost of what I posted on Reddit here. This is my new Cooj MQ6 build I completed last night.

Photos here:
COOJ MQ6

Size comparison photos: Size comparisons

• Case: COOJ Sparrow MQ6
  • Power Supply: Enhance ENP-7660B 600w
  • CPU: AMD 7800X3D
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B650e-i
  • Memory: 32GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR5 6400
  • Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S
  • Fans: 2x Silverstone Air Slimmer 120 (Black) for CPU & top case fan
  • GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4060ti 16GB Windforce OC
  • Storage: HP FX900 Pro 4TB NVMe
Initial thoughts:

This is a secondary PC intended as an HTPC to match with my projector (JMGO N1 Ultra) that I recently got over the Summer. The GPU was not my first choice. Sadly, AMD 7700XT variants in this size at 200mm in length are not being made.

Build:

Excellent build quality as expected from Cooj. I initially ordered the case in June & receive it in August. I delayed the build due to missing some parts. The case is very small so it needed more elbow grease than usual but I was successful. I was concerned that the cooler (Noctua L12S) would not fit but fortunately, that was not an issue. The CPU choice is ideal for the cooler. I do not intend to upgrade it for a good while other than the GPU in the future.

Final Thoughts:

I'm pretty satisfied with this build, especially the aesthetics. I initially thought of getting a FormD T1 but thought against it as I have no intention of replacing my main rig (Silverstone SG10).

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Repost of what I posted on Reddit here. This is my new Cooj MQ6 build I completed last night.

Photos here:
COOJ MQ6

Initial thoughts:

This is a secondary PC intended as an HTPC to match with my projector (JMGO N1 Ultra) that I recently got over the Summer. The GPU was not my first choice. Sadly, AMD 7700XT variants in this size at 200mm in length are not being made.

Build:

Excellent build quality as expected from Cooj. I initially ordered the case in June & receive it in August. I delayed the build due to missing some parts. The case is very small so it needed more elbow grease than usual but I was successful. I was concerned that the cooler (Noctua L12S) would not fit but fortunately, that was not an issue. The CPU choice is ideal for the cooler. I do not intend to upgrade it for a good while other than the GPU in the future.

Final Thoughts:

I'm pretty satisfied with this build, especially the aesthetics. I initially thought of getting a FormD T1 but thought against it as I have no intention of replacing my main rig (Silverstone SG10).

Photos here:
COOJ MQ6

Initial thoughts:

Build:

Final Thoughts:

That’s a really nice build you have. What temps are you getting?

Reactions: rfarmer

mpalen19

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
That’s a really nice build you have. What temps are you getting?

At stock settings, I got a really high CPU temperature peak (86 C) while gaming. Due to this, I decided to follow this guide (starts at 1:17) to optimize the settings within the BIOS. I may need to do more tweaking but this is what I got:

Completely idle, the CPU & GPU stayed around 51 C & 43 C respectively. However, while gaming the CPU stayed around 59 - 62 C. GPU temps also surprisingly stayed at the same 59 - 62 C. For worse case scenarios, I decided to run several stress tests (sensors readings taken from HWiNFO64):

15 min using CPU-Z & GPU-Z's internal stress testing tools which were ran simultaneously.

• Average CPU temp 79 C and a max peak at 81 C.
  • Average GPU temp 65 C. and a max peak at 67 C.
As a follow up, I then ran Cinebench R23 for 15 min.
  • Average CPU temp was 76 C and a max peak of 79 C
  • Average GPU temp was 43 C and a max peak of 48 C. (I believe may be due to the GPU being under-utilized with this test).
I haven't played around with it too much but as an initial setup, I'm not dissapointed. I was expecting much worse. In addition to replacing the fans for 2x Silverstone Air Slimmer 120's, I installed a Thermalright CPU frame, I employed the Noctua supplied 10 mm offset which is now included in their stock brackets. I also used their thermal paste. I am not sure if those changes make a difference as I didn't test a before and after.

mpalen19

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
when did you receive your case? been waiting forever for them to restock
I ordered in June and it arrived in August. Someone on Reddit mentioned that he received an email from COOJ indicating that orders may open this month.

Reactions: rfarmer