CPU NEW BUILD MJOHNIR BLACK RIDGE ASROCK Z590 PHANTOM ITX

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
My question is this, I will have to modify the lower spine rail for the Blackridge to work as the ends of the heat pipes just hit the rail. I can slot this carefully and gain the needed clearance. but
I will only be able to use the underside 90mm fan as there is no room on top for a fan at all. There is more cooling area and Heatpipe on the Blackridge than the C7 and I could exchange for that, and use a Noctua on top, so which do you think will be better no overclocking at all, with an 11th gen I7? (Blackridge or Cryorig) I am almost committed to testing the B.R.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
My question is this, I will have to modify the lower spine rail for the Blackridge to work as the ends of the heat pipes just hit the rail. I can slot this carefully and gain the needed clearance. but
I will only be able to use the underside 90mm fan as there is no room on top for a fan at all. There is more cooling area and Heatpipe on the Blackridge than the C7 and I could exchange for that, and use a Noctua on top, so which do you think will be better no overclocking at all, with an 11th gen I7? (Blackridge or Cryorig) I am almost committed to testing the B.R.
I'm strugling trying to imagine what you just described. As far as I know, and from the photos available, there is at least 1 "slim fan space" available under the mobo, so it should be plenty of space between the heatpipes and the rail (wich is where the fan is bolted to)

Could you take some picture to see what exactly your issue is? There should be no necessity to modify the core at all according to the BR sizes and Mjolnir internal distribution.

Mjolnir Distribution

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
I had it flipped 180 to allow it not to cover the PCI-E slot not necessary since I am using a riser cable. I replaced the factory fan with Noctua, which would not mount tight with factory BR screws so I replaced screws with button head Allens and black aluminum countersunk washers. I am using a Corsair SF Platinum 750 and I am going to have to custom shorten some of these cables especially the PCI-E, to my Sapphire Pulse RX 590, and yeah I bought it over a year ago when I ordered the Mjolnir when it was cheap, I could make a bundle on it now if I wanted to sell it. No mod needed for BR in the right direction.
1. Things I have noticed the quarter circle corner plastic (sliders) for the spine break off easily while working with the spine during the build. They can be re-glued back, but Builder shouldn't need to be that careful.
2. I know it is minimalistic but one USB C 3.2 port in the frontal area would be a big plus.
3. Mounting BeQuiet Shadow Wings on the base of the spine will require some modding as normal screws will not work.
4. HD activity LED just above power button would be a plus.
5. All the cables (std use ones) CPU 8 pin, PCI-E 8 pin, and 24PIn ATX are too long On Platinum Corsair SFX PS's Actually a 400 watt HDplex PS with ATX converter would have closer to optimum length cables. I normally have Moddyi make up a custom triad of cables using Premium FEP Silver Plated wire as this wire holds the bends has better electrical interference protection. They also have colored clear wire which is copper stranded not as good but would make a little more bling: https://www.moddiy.com/products/Pre...olor-Computer-Cable-Copper-Wire-9-Colors.html
Yes, I can make my own, but I am getting lazy in my old age...although I am going to shorten what I have myself, just waiting for gold plated DuPont pins and My birthday present to myself a real "Molex Brand Dupont pin Crimper to replace my Chinese one. Big Bucks but you only buy it once.
6. Have not mounted light bars and Booster Cell. More wiring to manage...