NeonSFF - 3D Printed SFF Case (CAD Files Released)

TypeChaos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
NeonSFF (update!)

After a long long time, I have finally decided to upload my CAD files for people to use and modify. Enjoy!
If anyone does end up using these files or adapts it for their own purposes, let me know! I would love to see the work you guys are doing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLD POST BELOW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So after deciding that the Corsair Air 240 was going to be too big to bring with me to college, I wanted a small form factor case. All the mainstream ones were too big for my tastes and the quality ones were very expensive (I totally understand why it is so high - scale of production, premium materials, etc. - but my wallet can't take that)

I eventually decided to just design one in Solidworks and print it myself. The parts were mostly from my old build (i5 6600k, 1060, etc.). The only thing I am waiting for is a 2.5" 1TB SSHD to replace my dying 3.5" one and the power supply from @guryhwa.

Just to clarify it is a very rough prototype (half pla and half petg because I ran out, though kind of liking the two tone scheme). Not to mention, I have to get shorter sata cables, and then cut down the length on my USB 3.0 headers and power switch cables.

Last edited:

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
That looks awesome! Absolutely the best way to use a 3D printer :D Let us know how PLA will handle those temperatures ofter a longer period of time.

Reactions: SeñorDonut

TypeChaos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
That looks awesome! Absolutely the best way to use a 3D printer :D Let us know how PLA will handle those temperatures ofter a longer period of time.

That definitely was a concern, but I don't think it should be a problem. My max temps never go over 70C and that is on the die. The air inside the case shouldn't even reach 50C I would definitely keep an eye on it, but wouldn't expect it to be affected. If it does, I have a roll of PETG to print another with.

Also I just saw your xCase project and wow that looks so slick. If I had known about it prior, would have definitely just bought that instead. But at the very least designing myself lets me change the design and aesthetic. Keep up the great work. Also heat set inserts FTW

TypeChaos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
How are the 3D printed plastics holding up to prolonged heat load?
Been running just fine so far, no sign of warping at all. However, the case so far only has one panel on because I am still waiting on G-Unique psu and is currently powered by a standard atx psu. I doubt it would generate that much more heat inside, but we shall see.

Looks great! The white and grey look very nice together. I've always wanted to get into 3D printing.
That looks nice. I like the two tone so it's good you ran out.
Yeah the two tone design grew on me. Later revisions will be all grey just because of the filament I have, but may do a two tone paint job, we shall see.

Reactions: royalba94

TypeChaos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
Finally decided (totally didn't just forget about it) to upload my CAD files! At this point, I consider it to be complete for my purposes.